Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A quiet evening, a busy morning







I made it to NYC and saw my longtime friend in the morning.
I took the longer way home at lunch time.
I am afraid I feel now that I am coming down with something,
a cold perhaps? I am trying to fight it off with lots of rest and liquids.
I was hoping to go to church tonight and out to eat with a friend,
but had to stay home, I have learned to listen to my body 
when it is showing signs of flagging like this. 
And so I rested, finished Celebrations at Thrush Green and 
have been quiet. 
I did, with my Mom's coaching over the phone,
sew on the top button to my new red jacket that I wore for the first
time on Sunday; a jacket I found during the week that I saw my 
+Aunt Karen for the last 2 times, alive... 
So poignant.
That button, sadly, came off before Sunday liturgy was even done, 
but thankfully I did not lose it.
I fixed the button with the vintage sewing box that I found while
visiting my parents-in-law at a Garage Sale and that my
parents brought with them when they visited.
So wonderful to have that button on and to use thick button thread
and a large needle, both from the sewing box of treasures. 
Tomorrow will be a rest day,
but I do need to go in DV to NYC again on Thursday.
So it goes.  It will be OK and I will do what I can 
and that's all.
And that will be enough.

2 comments:

Becki said...

I love the vintage spools of thread. :)

elizabeth said...

Thanks Becki!!! I do too! My MIL and my Mom had fun reading up on them! Some are quite old! :)