Thursday, October 25, 2018

Amazing how different each day is...










Well, here we are again! 
So, I ended up sleeping soundly (after a late start to sleeping) till 10 AM.
I think the cold + 4 NYC trips in 7 days + lots of work at home caught up with me! 
Today was a quiet day... I heard that taking a decongestant over a week could be 
not the thing to do, so I did not take my cold med this morning and of course
felt worse... and worse... a hot bath, netipot, hot tea, diffuser with eucalyptus,
steam, more tea... nothing was helping... until I put on thieves, RC and eucalyptus oil
with olive oil as a base, like you would put on vicks.  That really surprised me,
how it put a dent in the pain and sinus issues.  I was running low on the first 2 of those oils
so I ordered more tonight (after consulting with Mr Husband of course!) and also
an inexpensive ointment a friend suggested... 
We sure got a case of the sinus here, as author +Anne George described it in her delightful
mysteries that I read in my 20s... (should think of getting these again, maybe in the new
year, since I kinda ordered some more DE Stevenson this week 
(and on that note, more of her books are being reprinted!!! including the Mrs Tim books!!!
Coming in January as per Amazon info! so excited!)
It's funny, every time I look up +Anne George, of whom there is not tons to find online,
I am sad she has died.  I think she understood sickness and suffering
and her mystery books were a hoot, as they say.
It's amazing how beautiful the world is but how much suffering is in it.
I am thinking of various friends suffering, 
I am thinking of our own suffering,
but also the world, past, present, sadly future...
so much...
yet, there is beauty and people creating beauty.
I can't tell you how much this song is giving me comfort
and making me feel like I am being pierced with the REALITY of beauty


Found that video today (above), it's beautiful too, along with the music.
Alexis Ffrench is new to me composer but I sure appreciate this music of his.
I texted it to my cousin H today and that was so nice, that connection with her,
sharing the music, she immediately wanted to play it on the piano! :) 

I found this piece later which I like nearly as well (which since I love
Bluebird a LOT) is saying something, and this video of it I found really lovely:


It's beautiful.

I think it is beauty that God is bringing my way that,
with prayer of course, and tea, books, classical music, 
that is keeping me afloat in all of our personal current suffering.
It's incredible how music can do that... 
I read a quote from Elizabeth Goudge's Dean's Watch and I think I need
to read this book again... 

Well, today was good but kind of difficult too
but thank God we had all we need and chicken soup is the meal of the hour!
So so glad I made a big pot of it! 
I am also glad for grocery delivery services and that today was sunny.
I did not get out today but that is how it is...
Looks like we may be a nor'easter on Saturday...
I hope all will be well with that! 

God bless and protect us all, may He pour out His mercy! 

7 comments:

Martha said...

Thanks for sharing Alexis Ffrench...so lovely. I hadn't heard of him until now. I hope you are better soon. I have thieves right now, diffusing it everyday to help ensure health.

Tracy said...

Hope both of you there are feeling better soon, Elizabeth... GOD BLESS you!! :) ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

I wonder if you have read any of the Mitford books? I'm sure you would love them.
I do hope you manage to get rid of the sinus problem very soon.

Elizabethd said...

I should have said that the Mitford books are written by Jan Karon.

elizabeth said...

ElizabethD yes! I love Jan Karon!!!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Elizabeth,
I have arrived here from ElizabethD, Small Moments blog.
Oh how I loved the piano piece on your post today, I found it very soothing!
Your table looks wonderful all set for tea and pussy waiting patiently to join in today.
I do hope you will feel much better soon, I’m sure the potions you mentioned will help.
Where I live in New Zealand we have just moved out of Winter and into Spring.
I got bad influenza even after having the Flu jab. It lingered on and on but with the warmer weather all’s well now!
I enjoyed your post and will be back again.
Take care
Shane

GretchenJoanna said...

I like the music! I am so glad the beauty and music and tea and everything are being blessed by God to soothe your body and soul. May your sleep be sweet and your rest deep.