Sunday, October 14, 2018

A lot of good in this weekend












A good weekend, overall.
Church, vespers and liturgy.
Feast of Holy Protection.
Sermon included encouragement to give and be generous 
no matter who it is who is in need or asks.
Christmas baking research beginning in earnest.
Thanksgiving plans discussed.
Baking supplies ordered.
NYC 3 days this week, God willing.
I can tell I will need to pace myself.
I am hoping to make the
chicken and garlic cream sauce dish next week, most likely
and hope to make baked mac and cheese at some point soon...
as well as begin Christmas baking... 
and St Nicholas Day!
***
I was talking to Mr Husband about Christmas cookies he likes 
and he mentioned a chocolate cream cheese bar
 he thought my Grandma made, but then I found this recipe which I made,
 so that's a huge win for me,
that my Husband thought what I bake was my Grandma's! 
I felt like I had arrived :)....
***
I have the first two Miss Read books in the Fairacre Series ready.
It was finally colder and I wrote my new red jacket...
and it lost a button within 3 hours (I still have the button)
so I need to fix this... 
always so much to do!
***
I have much to be thankful for and am so glad 
for all the blessings in my life! 

4 comments:

Martha said...

That brownie recipe looks scrumptious. I made an apple pie yesterday. I'm grateful it's finally cooled off enough so that I can bake. Did you buy that little censer as a gift? Sorry you lost a button, at least you have it & can sew it back on! Good luck with your NYC days.

elizabeth said...

Thanks! No, the censer was bought by another in our parish for a young boy who loves it so much! ♡

Becki said...

Discovering a recipe that tastes like grandma's! That IS arriving! :)

elizabeth said...

Thanks Becki, I know! :) I was quite pleased! :)