Wednesday, October 10, 2018

NYC, flowers, food and friends with heavy burdens



I steep my tea this long, 3 minutes, and it's perfect, I find.




I got this white saucer to go with the incense tealight candle burner
at the VNA rummage sale, it goes perfectly and was very little money!
A real blessing!


NYC bagel, delicious! 




I am trying to add more things to our salads and make them
more likely that I will want to eat them,
so that I get more greens in my diet.
So far, it's working.



Another full day.
***
This morning I read an email from a very close friend who learned
very difficult news yesterday.  As it's not my story, I am not sharing it here
but it is hard, heavy and a huge prayer concern.
***
I went to NYC in the afternoon.
Trader Joes run - French Vanilla ice cream, maple cookies, salad toppings, organic spinach,
veggie burgers and more were procured!
A meeting later and then home.
***
We had a nice simple dinner...
my Husband let me pick out cream coloured flowers, I love them.
***
I am not sure if I am in just more acceptance of the unbloggable in our life
and thus am more at peace, 
or if we are in the calm of the storm
or if I am in denial of it. 
I hope it is not the last, if only because 
I don't think denial is a good place to be.
I do know that whatever will come of it all, 
it will be tiring and hard for a while yet.
I will say that whatever place, internally, I am in, 
it's OK though hard and unexpected.
I do know that prayers of others are helping a lot.
***
I know that reading Miss Read books, beauty, friends, investing in life,
in books that bring peace and invite healing,
are all helpful.
As is allowing oneself a nap when one can get one - for me this morning.
***
Do pray for my friends I mentioned.  
Sorry I can't say more, but as I wrote, it's not my story.
***
May God have mercy on us all!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Have you ever read any Gladys Taber, Elizabeth? I think you would like her work. I am also trying to add more things to my salads - it makes a big difference to the enjoyment when I can manage it!

elizabeth said...

Lisa ~ I have not yet read Gladys Taber but know of her books (Still Meadow etc) and need to keep her in mind for future reading! Yes, such a big difference to salads and my willingness to eat them, LOL! :)