Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Some lovely days
















New tray, creamer and cruet, all found at thrift stores in Michigan! 



Left a gift for my Mother and right is a gift she gave me! 
The Dutch saying is basically
in the concert of life there is no program.


Lunch!


My dad put up my boot rack for my nice tall boots! 
I am so happy to finally have this! I am just thrilled that I finally have a way to
properly care for my boots!


 Pillows: needlework pillow was from my Aunt Karen, 
done by my Great Grandmother, 
quilted one my Husband bought from the Amish for his Mother 
and she gave it back to us 3 summers ago, along with the green one...
when they were downsizing... 
My parents brought these with them on this trip! 



Wood building and other building...




My parents arrived yesterday later afternoon! 
I had the table set already
and my Mom and I got the luggage up while my Dad parked the car.
My parents brought me lots of treasures that I had found or was
given this summer on our holidays in Michigan...
We had a nice dinner last night...
And the new cut glass creamer I used for an easy gravy boat... :) 
***
My Dad is putting together my new sideboard, 
I am very excited to have this piece! 
It's so strange to see the table where it is going to go, 
empty and waiting.
***
DV I am looking forward to tomorrow, 
there a few things I hope to do, 
but we are also DV going to go out for dinner... 
which will be so nice!
***
My Mom helped me get the rest of the master closet organized today,
it looks great and we have a lot of shelf room reclaimed because of it!
***
While there are still more things I hope to get done someday
at our home here in NJ,
I feel like we have made a lot more progress on that
and this is a real blessing.
***
DV we go to the VNA rummage sale together on Friday!
We are looking forward to that! 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

A rummage sale will be fun! I love the little dishes with scenes on them, for your mother - beautiful. Your tablecloth with the lacy stripes - is it a gold color? My mother had that! It wore out not too long ago. :D
I always enjoy seeing Cleo in the photos. :)

Elizabethd said...

So lovely to have your parents there, I'm sure they enjoy helping you with things.
Hope you find interesting things at the rummage sale!