Thursday, October 04, 2018

A lovely day with beauty, nice meals and family visits

















My parents and I had a nice time at home today.
A cheery breakfast, a late lunch...
I fixed some church kids books, 
my Mom covered some other books with contact paper,
My Dad finished our sideboard and it is so nice,
looks so beautiful and classic and is the perfect size for the space
we have for it! 
We had a really nice dinner tonight!
We have lunch and snacks packed for the VNA rummage sale 
trip tomorrow and are looking forward to seeing what we find.
I am so glad to have had this nice time with my parents,
they leave Sunday to go back home...
But as usual they leave with our home having more beauty, functionality
and with lots of nice memories. 

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Dear Elizabeth...so HAPPY you're having our parents visiting and been having some lovely times already! Love seeing your beautiful table and the food... And speaking of table--how wonderful is your new side table!! It looks so beautiful set with your silver and the twinkle lights...and love the star light! And LOVE Tasha Tudor--what an inspiration! :) Happy Days, my friend... God Bless you all!! ((HUGS))

Pom Pom said...

Aw! It IS nice to have your mama and papa around! Lovely tables, Elizabeth!

Elizabethd said...

It all looks so lovely.

Lisa Richards said...

Beautiful and yummy! :)

Becki said...

I love that large star light on your side table. How beautiful it is glowing in the dark room, and how terrific that must look from the street. I'm sure you'll have a lovely weekend with your parents. These recent posts of yours have caused me to keenly miss my own mom and dad - who have been gone from this earth for 24 and 19 years, respectively. I remember similar visits that were very long ago now...

Lisa said...

I have that Tasha Tudor book - they are inspirational to me when I look at them. Enjoy your visit!

karen said...

when I lived in Ohio, I used to borrow from the library all the tasha tudor books and drool all over them. Glad you are having fun with your family!