Friday, October 12, 2018

Today, mixed but great weather


Have I ever shown you Cleo's happy dance, as it were? 
She brushes her front paws (quickly!) in excitement! 






I just loved the morning sunshine and the beauty there in...





I had a local errand to do and had a nice long walk...
I ended up feeling, later, a little 'wan'... but 
one can't have lovely gift-days everyday, right?
I realized later that I had been worried about some things
that were going on today more than I had realized.
Our own troubles + dear friends.
But, on our end anyway, we are seeing how in the midst of 
our personal hard, we are being given help
and just doing our best in the midst of it all.
***
I still have a lot of nice about today.
I ordered some books this week and the shipment confirmations
are coming in and I have some books coming out for use
soon that I got used 
(my Husband wants all in freezer 3 days before use, to be sure no 
bed or otherwise bugs get in the house)... 
I had leftovers for dinner so dinner was easy to put together,
Cleo has been so funny this week,
she's had moments of running in the house, like she used to do.
So that's good, as far as I can tell. 
I talked with my Mother and Grandmother.
I confirmed about Thanksgiving dinner with my grocery delivery service.
My heart is heavy often with the current events of our time,
but there's not a lot I can do about things in the world 
on a grand scale,
so I do what I can instead... and hope to grow more in...
from prayer and focus on, depend on, Christ,
being peaceful inside and in my home,
reading books that bring comfort,
tending the garden of family and friends, 
being kind and lighting candles. 
***
Lord have mercy on us all, save and protect us!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Things always turn out to our benefit. That's why trust in God is paramount. If only we could feel it strongly.I agree, the world oftentimes seems beyond remedy,so much comfusion!

Elizabethd said...

How sweet your Cleo is! I love to see her in your photos.

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a prayer for me on your site. Your are so sweet and thoughtful. Your Cleo certainly seems quite cozy on the back of her chair. I always enjoy stopping by and absorbing the timeless beauty of your home. All blessings to you and don't forget that in this troubled world we live in the Lord always overcomes in his time and at his choosing.

Lisa said...

So Cleo has a happy dance? I'm glad to know she's still lively!

karen said...

Cleo sounds like a delightful cat! I had some walks this weekend and it's done my mood a world of good!!

Lisa Richards said...

I tend to dwell on things and worry, so yesterday I found myself "camping out" in Luke 12 where Jesus tells us to stop worrying! He gave us so many examples of His care for the sparrows, ravens, the flowers of the field. Anyway, it really ministered to me. That's my chapter to dwell on for a while. :)