Monday, October 22, 2018

Wonderful Chicken Soup, a new small succulent, a quick trip to NYC and fighting colds
















Well! Another Monday for the books!
I know some of my dear friends had a really rough Monday.
They really can be hard, can't they?
I woke up so stuffed up, with headache.  Colds, humph!
I pushed through, with the help of God of course, plus cold meds and hot tea.
I got distracted and had lunch a bit later than I should have, given my cold
but once I had more hot tea and food, I felt better again.
I made it into NYC but things took longer than expected so I did not get 
to Trader Joes.  We did get a bunch of bananas from a street vendor though. 
I worked really hard at having everything as ready as could be for us to come
back home from NYC together (we meet up late in the day as we were
both in the same area). 
The soup turned out really well!
I put in about 3 cups+ of egg noodles into the still on low Crock-Pot
after I removed the chicken (used my kitchen tongs!) and 
while that was cooking I removed the skin and bones from the
very tender cooked chicken (falling-off-the-bone tender)
and when I put it in (shredding it a bit first), the soup was quite hearty!
So to help things be all ready, I did the following:
1. Set the table
2. Empty pot for soup reheating on stove with lid
3. Ginger tea (dried ginger) in disposable tea bag in teapot + water in the 
electric kettle so could turn on and have tea quickly
4. Located the baguette I had in freezer before I left for quick access
All of this really paid off!
We had a nice simple dinner of soup and bread...
we both have colds so this was the perfect meal,
I was so happy that my Husband loved it too.
My sweet Husband had me choose a succulent from the farmer's market,
it is so tiny and dear! 
The man said to put it in water for 15 seconds every 10 days. 
So pretty low maintenance...we will see how it goes!
My Husband is working from home tomorrow
so we are both happy to enjoy more soup tomorrow.
I hope to bake bread as well!
Things can be hard for all of us, but thanksgiving for what we have
and homemade soup I find goes a long way.
Praying that God comforts each of you in your own struggles
on what for many was a difficult Monday.
God bless and protect you and all those you love! 

5 comments:

Tracy said...

How DELICIOUS the soup looks! Can't beat a bowl of chicken soup when under the weather... or any time, really! How sweet that tiny succulent plant! I do like the many succulent plant...must love them for their low-water/low-maintenance qualities. ;) Hope you will be feeling better soon! God BLESS you both! ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

Chicken soup is such a wonderfully comforting food. Yours looks delicious.
May your cold disappear very quickly. xx

Lilly's Mom said...

I hope you feel better soon. Your chicken soup sounds so, so good! Pat xx

Lisa Richards said...

The chicken soup sounds like such a great idea! Yummy!
I bought a couple of aloe plants at Walmart the other day. Hopefully I can keep them alive! The instructions said to water them well once a month during the growing season. When is the GROWING SEASON? And what do I do AFTER the growing season? Ha ha.
Feel better!

Nancy said...

Love the flowers! So very pretty! The chicken soup is something of yours that I would be able to eat. My delicate digestive tract would protest most of your meals no matter how appealing they might be. I eat with my eyes!!

Love your blog!