Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Oh Hope, Sweet Hope...
















Here's the pictures from yesterday!
So as mentioned last night in my short blog post,
a friend (who had not been to my place before) came with her charming
infant son for lunch.  He has the most wonderful expressions and the most
delightful smiles!
She brought me those gorgeous flowers, so so kind of her. 
We had (left over that had been in freezer but it thaws just like it was just made)
lamb and rice with yogurt and a green salad with toppings.
And lovely rose tea that I had gotten in Luxembourg 2 years ago (funny it feels longer than that!)
I admit to ordering some more tea last night. 
Yes, I who have so much of it already.... but I have gift and tea making ideas 
and I admit to buying my own birthday present (a tin of tea, one of the BEST I have ever had
EVER that I had at our hotel in Luxembourg every morning for breakfast)
Here's two pictures of the breakfast and tea at that hotel 
(sadly the hotel itself was not as good but the breakfasts were amazing)



Blue of London by Palais Des Thes 
So I am really excited that I will have a tin of this tea
DV for my 42nd birthday.
***
I used my Grandma's set of silverplate for the meal last night +
some serving spoons from another collection that I got in MI at the thrift store.
I was really tired and felt like I did not do as 'high/fancy' a job of 
table setting as I could have... I ended up (2 nights ago) not sleeping well 
but my friend is very gracious and it all went well. 
I am really glad to have her over!
***
My Husband had some good things happen that he told me over dinner
(I love how even having organic chicken nuggets looks 'fancy' 
with candles, table cloth, napkins and dishes! funny!)
and I felt hope swell within me, 
maybe the unbloggable can be resolved in time?
We will see... I really liked the above quotation above
(from newly published book) and it reminds me also of the important 
"spiritual rule" I guess you would say, which is:
don't imagine good or bad for tomorrow, just be with God today
for we don't know what tomorrow brings and it's actually
I find unhelpful or even harmful to dream about a beautiful future
or a future one dreads suddenly... it's more about trusting God
and being with Him today and slowly learning how to not worry
about our tomorrows. 
***
Of course I still hope but at least I know what I need to aim for,
being in the present with God and seeking Christ....
and His mercy...
***
May God help us all!

7 comments:

Gina said...

Elizabeth, thank you for your sweet comment. I truly appreciate your kindness. And your table is beautiful as is the food that was served.

Tracy said...

What BEAUTIFUL flowers! Fresh flowers do lift a room, don't they?! It's always a pleasure to see your abudantly set table, and see what food you are preparing, etc. I must see about that book of Father Tim's prayers... I've read some of the Jan Karon books, but am behind on some of her newer ones. God Bless you, my friend... My the stirrings of hope in your heart be fulfilled by HIS great love and grace. :) ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

I have every one of Jan Karon's books and they have given us great pleasure over the years.
Your flowers are so lovely, they brighten one's spirits, don't they?

karen said...

beautiful photos and views! I pray that your wondering is truth and the unbloggable resolves itself swiftly. That would be wonderful!

Becki said...

Wonderful pictures! From the outside shots to the food on the table. I feel refreshed. And what a beautiful quote. Thank you for sharing that, Elizabeth.

GretchenJoanna said...

I think that as the weather gets colder and more wintry, your home gets warmer and cozier!! God bless you, Dear Elizabeth. One day I would love to sit at that table and drink tea with you!

elizabeth said...

Gina, you are welcome and thank you!
Tracy, thank you dear friend!
Elizabeth, YES! flowers do brighten one's spirits! and yes, Jan Karon's books are so lovely!
Karen, thank you so much!
Becki, I am so glad, your comments are such blessings to me!
G-J how I would LOVE to have you here and have tea with you! thank you for your kind words!