Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A quiet day with a sinus cold, tea, reading and sewing





Well, it seems that I have a cold.
Most of the morning was spent sleeping and drinking tea.
I am so thankful that we have cold medicine; 
I had some dismal sinus pain that went away after medicine and naps.
I read the second to last Thrush Green book. It's hard to know that I have so few of that
series left to enjoy but how wonderful to know that I can return and visit them all again
in these treasured pages. 
And of course, I began reading the other Miss Read series, Fairacre and am loving this.
And I still have books on their way to me, so I am going to have a very
well stocked library of treasures. 
I am very glad for this.
My Husband had to stay in NYC late for work things so I got a bit of sewing done!
First time in quite a while for that!
I think it helped that I cleaned up my sewing table so that only what I need is there.
I had to watch this video on how to wind a bobbin again!
I could not remember, even though I had just done it a month ago! 
Well, I have a feeling other than going to NYC tomorrow morning 
(have to go, but will dress warmly!) I will be resting a lot.
My cold seems to be progressing to my chest, so far bypassing my nose,
which is often how they start for me, oddly enough!
At least colds are not eternal and I will be well again in time, 
God-willing.... 

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Colds are horrid. Hope you feel better soon.

Paula said...

Feel better soon. We've done well so far, but we're heading to my sister's next weekend so I'm sure that will change.

elizabeth said...

Elizabeth - yes, they are not that fun; I am thankful that I have medicine to help. I find the nights most difficult!

Paula - thanks! working on that! God keep you all well!

karen said...

I hope you feel better soon! I just got over a really rotten sinus infection (two rounds of antibiotics!). however, I think there was a frost and so most of my allergies outside might be gone!