Thursday, October 18, 2018

NYC, books, a cold and a quiet night












 With the help of medicine my cold has been OK 
during the day, but night it becomes more difficult again.
I was able to go to NYC as planned
and even went to Trader Joes to stock up on oatmeal (was running low!)
and got some green bananas to ripen while we enjoy the others we have
ripe at the moment.
I enjoyed chicken soup for lunch.
I got some lovely pink flowers to go with our white flowers
(the white is on it's last days).
We ate dinner (left over lamp, with rice for me, toast for my Sweetie and 
a salad each) while watching the Walton's, a show that always cheers us up!
I got some more book treasures including the Miss Read Cookbook! 
I am not sleeping as well because of this cold but I am one of the few
loving the colder weather, it seems, here.
My new Red Jacket was worn not to NYC but on a walk later with my Husband
and I am slowly finding my warmer layers and wool socks and that is very nice. 
My one tall boot has issues with the zipper splitting and I have to be extra careful with it.
Hopefully it will not go out this winter and maybe next summer I can have it looked at.
I am thinking that it is finally time to switch out my summer/spring clothes for fall/winter
warmer clothes, and that is a joy to me to do.
Things still seem to be calm, for the most part, for us,
though I can see some worry we are struggling with.
I don't know is this is still a calm between or in the storm
but I am trying to be within the day and not think too much outside of this.
I feel that God is teaching me a lot about this in terms of 
'do not worry' and how to be more peaceful.
It's a learning process and I am still a rank beginner but I am excited that at least
one can learn, over time and for that I rest in hope. 

4 comments:

Juliana said...

So sorry you are feeling poorly! I'm loving the colder weather too.

you should take your boot to a cobbler to have it looked at now before you are wanting to wear them all the time--a zipper replacement is usually an easy fix, and better to deal with before the snow flies! I would imagine there are shoe repair places around you, or in NYC. We have plenty here and I've always been glad to have my shoes and boots repaired properly.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It seems you've been on a Miss Read extravaganza lately! And I'm so interested in that cookbook of hers! I've been enjoying all your photos on Instagram but it's nice to stop by the blog now and then. I'm attempting to start paying more attention to the blogging world again . . . we shall see. It must be fun in a way to have two wardrobes to switch between depending on the season. I've never experienced that! Prayers for you both and may God grant you peaceful hearts!

Becki said...

You paint a pretty word picture of nestling in as the cold approaches. Last week I switched my closet around to pull my winter items to the front and the push my purely summer items to the back. And creating a pile for re-homing. I always enjoy that switch as it does feel like I have new clothes before I think about going shopping. After buying a couple of fresh blue jeans, some black dye to freshen up my black jeans, and maybe looking for a new sweater, I'm hoping I'm good to go 'till the spring switcheroo. :)

elizabeth said...

Juliana - thanks!!! I know, so wonderful to not have such sweltering hot weather! I should have had the boot zipper fixed when my parents had the heels redone in MI (I don't trust the guys out where we live and NYC is so unpredictable to when I will get there.) So will hope for the best...

Sara L - yes! I am reading TONS of Miss Read right now! You are most welcome here any time and thanks for the prayers!

Becki - thankss much!!! It is so nice to have the seasonal shift and go through clothes as you mention! :)