Monday, October 08, 2018

A lot of wonderful days


I hope to blog more about my parents visit
but for now I will just say that it was wonderful.
They are safely back home now.
***
I had tea and lunch with a newer local friend today
and that was so nice.
See the white tray on the left, above, behind the PB and Jam?
That was a VNA sale find!
***
This is a busy week for me,
so if I don't blog a lot, it's just that
I am busy...baking tomorrow I hope, NYC Wednesday,
errands Thursday and a whole day to be home without errands finally 
on Friday.
***
I feel like I am in the calm of a storm and am trying to 
keep myself busy and not dwell on the unbloggable problems
so that I will be more ready to face them when things 
go on, however they will be going on.
***
One last fun thing,
this is the beautiful plates I found at the VNA rummage sale last week,
amazingly all 6 plates (2 sets) for 8 dollars! 
My Dad and Husband did the math together to figure out how to have them
exactly centred for the drilling.
And now I have 2 gorgeous three tiered tea trays.
(I had ordered the hardware for these stands + the drill bits online
and had them waiting for my Dad and I to go to the sale and find plates for this!)


Also my friend who came to tea gave me really nice chocolates/candy
and the tray they are on is another super cheap VNA find!



and I got a new pretty tea strainer:


Also at the VNA for an amazing price of $3.00.
I am so grateful for the treat of such nice candy plus the VNA finds
that tea and lunch was such a fun and nice event today.
I hope to have one again soon!
But the rest of this week is busy but I am glad for that.
Thanks everyone who reads my words and cares.
I know I am at peace in all of this (at least for now, I am weak when it comes to 
peace and maintaining it) is because of the care and prayers of others.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I love dessert stands. Mom's got a 2 tier one that I used when Ella had the tea party birthday a couple of years ago. I wish I had somewhere like that to find cool things. I need more serving dishes to go with my blue and white Wedgewood. Glad you had a good visit with your folks. Did you have turkey? :)

Elizabethd said...

Your stands are just beautiful.
When we are weak then we need to reach out for His strength. Praying for you.

Pom Pom said...

It's so fun to have lovely and well loved houseguests! Your finds are GREAT! Yay!
Enjoy your week!

Becki said...

Those dishes made beautiful tiered tea trays. Wonderful project! And each time you use them, I imagine, will give a sweet memory of your parents' visit.