Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday with a quick trip to NYC and a quiet day








Well, NYC 3x in one week, whew!
I found that my cold symptoms were better when I was up, outside and moving. 
Nights seem to be the worst, sinus stuff, coughing.
We are staying local this weekend.
I am thinking I see storm clouds in our unbloggable situation.
It's not fun to see that we may be in for more challenges in the future,
but we are blessed and storm clouds are part of life...
We all have those, right?
***
I have started re-reading the Healing Presence book.
I read this beautiful section in it today about being in quietness
and being still and that if we do not have silence and cannot be still,
we will not be still (peaceful) in a storm... Rossi writes earlier
that if we are never quiet, we may never know God as He can be known....
I have thought about this sort of thing a lot...
silence, the need for it, what music does and does not do for us.
Most people, esp today, do not like silence.
I can struggle with it too.  
But I believe what Rossi is saying and that we cannot learn to be still
if we do not have quiet.
***
I am reading (diving into various pages without going strait through)
Miss Read's Country Cooking book.  So cool, vintage, lots of history. Just loving it.
Read my first Mary Oliver book (Felicity). Wow. A lot to like there. Still pondering.
I am at least halfway through Miss Read's Village School also.
I was reading this on the PATH train and subway
and one part of it made laugh out loud in the midst of a bunch of 
people traveling...
Subways are so funny.
I am still getting used to them.
Today I tried to sit between two people and slipped a bit and pretty much
fell into the side of the one person, who I thought was a female with a hood
but later I realized it was a man but oh well, it was a tiny seat
between two bigger persons and such things happen.
Later on the PATH a guy nearby told off (in total city speak
with the "cool talk" that they do) a guy who stood in front of him 
(he was sitting) and made him feel crowded when the PATH was not yet that full.
The standing guy apologized (smart of him to keep peace) and later a woman,
who looked big, tough and not like one to mess with, stood there and thankfully the guy
said nothing to her about moving.  It was much more crowded by then.
A few times two guys have been on the PATH and they play their transitor 
radio/whatever it is boom box with batteries and do acrobatics.
first yelling out that no one will get hurt by their movements
and then at the end asking for support (money). 
You just never know what you are going to see.
***
I am wanting to create more - do more sewing - on my goddaughter's quilt,
plus I have such a desire to start baking for St Nicholas Day and Christmas.
Hopefully soon.
***
Meanwhile, I am trying to take things a day at a time
and do what I can to not worry.
It's going to be an ongoing process.
Thank God for His mercy within this....

No comments: