Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday, with sunshine and perfect weather





It was a beautiful day.
The weather was perfect.
Sunshine but not hot, such a rare day, so nice.
I had a hamburger and sides, delicious.
It took a long time to get home...traffic was a bit nuts.
We went shopping for some things and now have
the groceries we need for my parent's coming to visit us.
So that's really nice.
***
Tomorrow DV I am going to liturgy and then breakfast and then
house cleaning... that will be nice... and I may go to the farmer's market
and have a little farmer's market date with my Husband... 
and maybe pick out a plant or two there!
***
I am aware that I am struggling a bit more than usual with anxiety...
I know why (the unbloggable) but knowing why and then having
the ability to not experience the anxiety that stems from it are two 
different things and all I can keep doing is trying to pray
and do what I can to not dwell on it (the unbloggable and the anxiety)
I am reading the Healing Presence book and hope to re-read read it 
after I am done in hopes that the hope and gentle instruction I find in it
can really be of help and, indeed, healing, to me.
I think the biggest thing I need to do is to try to dwell more
on the love of God and that His love is everlasting and is mercy is forever.
God's love is not easy to understand and I am still working all of this out
but I have hope with God to grow in this. 
***
Well, for now, then, it's time to sleep and hope to wake in the morning
to sunlight of God's mercy and love...

7 comments:

Tracy said...

May you be waking this morning with love, hope and peace in your heart, Elizabeth! It is during difficult that God can be difficult to understand...all the WHY? questions bounce around in the heart and mind. That God's love is greater than anything is a beautiful gift to hold on to at such time...May God's infinite LOVE carry you! :) ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

I will be praying for your anxieties Elizabeth.

Lisa said...

I have a cut glass pitcher exactly like yours! It was my mother's, of course.

elizabeth said...

Lisa, oh neat!:was her's small as well? I found this by the side of the road for free! !!!

karen said...

I'll be praying for your anxiety and that it goes away. My anxiety is usually from health fears. Focusing on the blessings I see with supportive people in my life help me through my rough patches. Right now I'm anxiety free and loving it (savoring it!).

Rachel said...

It sounds like you had a beautiful weekend. I'm so sorry to hear about your anxiety and can definitely relate. This year I really learned to focus on prayer and it's been such a comfort, although even that is sometimes difficult. I will say a prayer tonight that you find grace and comfort.

Lisa said...

Elizabeth, it probably holds two cups - I've used it for gravy, mostly.