Monday, September 24, 2018

Progress is ongoing










It's been wonderful to all be home today!
My Husband, his Parents, myself, all home working on projects.
We did so much today!
A tile in our shower is nearly done,
grout in our kitchen is put on, 
caulk by our windows,
shelving in our 'crazy' now 'sane' closet,
reorganizing our Christmas ornaments and other Christmas decorations,
putting together various banker boxes (they sure are handy! and 
much cheaper than buying fancy boxes) for closest organization,
new plug things for where our twinkle lights are, so now
all are on using a switch so no more unplugging every day,
the master bedroom closet had a lot of it reorganized already,
I made lunch (spaghetti!) and my parents-in-law treated us to a meal
at a restaurant tonight! 
***
It's amazing, the transformation that shelves do to a closet...
I had been wanting shelves in it for a long time, 
so this was a real blessing!
***
I've ordered more boxes for further closet organization
and we are even considering water filter systems for the sink
and that would be so nice.
***
And now the Christmas decorations are much more easy to get,
as they are all in one place and much consolidated! 
***
It's been so nice to be with my Husband's parents and 
have nice meals, visits and projects.

3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

It's so much easier to relax and rest when you have accomplished a lot of maintenance and organization. What a blessing to have a whole team at work together!

Becki said...

It's been a bit of a lazy Saturday. Except for laundry, I haven't accomplished much. But now I'm suddenly feeling motivated to figure out what is for supper, and am sort of itching to organize a closet I've been putting off. :)

elizabeth said...

G-J: Yes! it is easier to relax this way and a huge blessing to have a team to help with the house!

Becki, nice! Yes, I think we all have times where we just need to rest. Closet organization can really be a relief! As can dinner! I hope yours was good! I was spoiled and my Husband took me out for burgers tonight!