Friday, September 28, 2018

Made it another week





Well, whew! made it through another week!
Today I folded laundry, did dishes, 
got 3 deliveries (including the new end table for my Husband!),
and finished re-reading Madeleine L'Engle's Certain Women.
I am not sure what drew me to read it again; 
NYC, Theatre, the 1950s-1960s; interesting that she placed it so much in the past,
as it was written in 1992.
It's funny how some decades of one's life one returns to....
I am glad I read it though; esp for the phrase friend of the heart
for friendship of deep kinds that one can have with another, 
like I have with my sister-friend.
I don't know what I would do without books.
Though I know that there is more to life and to prayer... 
***
I talked with my Mother, my Grandmother, and texted with my sister
and also my sister-friend.  
When my Husband was back from NYC, it was a delight to see him.
I managed to get the counter and the island clean.
This week had 3 fast days in a row (Wed-Friday) because of the 
Feast of the Cross being on Thursday.
So tomorrow having tea with milk will feel like an extra treat!
Another treat was that today a card and a letter came in the mail,
such a blessing.
I hope to get back to writing cards and letters again soon;
I wrote one last night and hope for more done soon.
My parents DV come on Tuesday!
***
I am slowly getting small details finished in things,
from putting away bags,
housework done and thinking about 
what I hope to find at this October's VNA rummage sale.
My parents DV will be with us again and I have a list
of things I am looking for, including some things
for dinner parties that are move involved... 
luncheon/salad plates are one of these 
and will be perfect for various uses.
***
Our unbloggable worry has had me in some transition that
I am feeling overall better about
in terms of dealing with the actual change, but I find that
I still struggle with feelings of anxiety, even though 
I have dealt with harder things in the past than what we are 
dealing with, as hard as it is now.
Anyway, all I know is that I have a long way to go spiritually 
but I still have hope of arriving.
***
Meanwhile, I am really appreciating that I am 
getting our home in both better order and also
with more beauty and added functionality that 
adds to the beauty of our home.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your home is so warm and inviting!

GretchenJoanna said...

Your love and enjoyment of your home remind me of this quote by Chesterton:

"It is the main earthly business of a human being to make his home, and the immediate surroundings of his home, as symbolic and significant to his own imagination as he can."

It is such a gift, that God gives us, to have homes that we can make homey!

Becki said...

Looking at the third picture I wondered, "What is that fur she has draped on the chair?" I had to look closer to see it's Cleo! I've seen her in many pictures, but for some reason I didn't recognize her in this one. lol

You've a beautiful, inviting home, Elizabeth.

elizabeth said...

thanks so much Nancy!!!

G-J: Oh what a lovely quotation!!! I love GK Chesterton!!! Making my home cozy, beautiful and welcoming is my goal!!!

Becki, yep, Cleo again! :) Thanks for your kind words about my home! I love my home and making it more and more beautiful!