Friday, September 14, 2018

A full Friday with lots to be thankful for





Liturgy for the Holy Cross.
Between a nightmare and social media, I realized early this AM
that there was a liturgy at my local church;
whenever we travel or such, I often miss things at our local
church as we do everything on the 'old' calendar
(or, as one wrote, the unrevised Julian calendar)
...I was happy to make it this morning...
my grocery delivery place was out of cream (they are in the middle
of a big move and don't have everything in stock) so I went to our
local upscale grocery down the street from church and 
then took myself out to a South Indian vegetarian place for lunch.
I had dosa and really enjoyed it!


Later, I was cleaning and putting things away and found two very special gifts
that were given me when I was still in my undergraduate years from two of my 
most closest friends there, who I am still friends with today.


I got out our plastic table cloth (it will slowly flatten again) so that I could use
our lovely new Romanian table cloth that dear friends gave us
this past weekend!





It's really lovely! 


Chicken baked in cream!
I am going to double the sauce part of the recipe as I have 4.5lbs of chicken 
coming on Saturday... 


I was so excited to have this tea today.
It was a purchase at the grocery store in Ottawa where I used to shop...
we had such a nice time in Ottawa, 
it was really good to be back...
though it's nice to be back home too... it's strange but wonderful to have
so many places that one loves so much! 


My sister-friend gave me this beautiful stationary.
I wrote her a letter on it today! :)


Cleo is so funny.
I had moved our bar chair to the middle of the room so I could sweep and 
later there was Cleo, perched in the middle of everything!
***
Someone I love is having some health issues that are newer in severity and that
is on my mind; our unbloggable situation is ongoing and I am really glad
that I have a lot of books to read to distract me from worry.
Not that I did not fully succeed today in not worrying, but at least
I have some things that can help.
***
I am really glad for the Miss Read books right now.
well, I promised myself that I would mop (well swiffer at any rate!) the floor
tonight so that I have less to do tomorrow for the dinner on Sunday!
***
We are praying for many facing deep hard things and
so glad that we can pray.

3 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

You reminded me to add a tea-ball and some loose tea to my shopping list. :) Enjoy that chicken with cream!

karen said...

praying that your unbloggable stress goes away forever and you have everlasting peace. love the tablecloth!

Gina said...

Elizabeth, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. Thank you for your prayers. :-)