Saturday, September 29, 2018

A lot of beauty seen and found today























 Well, what a lovely day has been had!
The end table we ordered came nearly fully assembled,
and my Husband and I got it out of the box and in place
early this morning!
(OK early means about 9 AM or after, it is Saturday after all,
and I was in need of a good night's sleep!)
I just love this end table, way better than I even thought,
with magazine rack at back, plug outlet back top, a shelf 
inside the door/cupboard area and the drawer with spots for 2 cups
+ pens/bookmarks/small things.
And it's handsome and goes well with our other furniture. 
I am super pleased with this piece. 
It replaces the table in the first picture, which we will keep
as it folds up and is handy to have...
***
We got delivered, another answer to prayer because it came before vespers,
is the sideboard which will go under the window where our
plants and silver-plate tea set is.
This needs to be assembled and my Dad hopes to do it this week!!!
***
My Husband and I also got the office more cleaned up
than it had been in a good while, with our old shoe shelf
going under the window in the office
and things put in better places.
***
Had a lovely lunch of pizza 
and later I read books and had a good bath, such a blessing. 
And I enjoyed lots of tea and some delicious cookies!
Our church picnic is tomorrow and 
I am really looking forward to this.
***
Vespers was lovely and the light on that top window
was really special... I don't understand why more people are
not in church, just basking in the beauty of it.
A confused world we are living in, where people are
not only not running to Christ but not even running towards beauty.
I feel propelled towards beauty, and to making my home 
beautiful and having everything to make a beautiful dinner, luncheon or breakfast,
not to mention tea and cookies, mind you :)
and I am excited to go to the VNA rummage sale DV this Friday
with my Husband and my parents.
It's fun because one never knows what one will find!
***
My Husband took me out for a burger tonight,
it was so very nice.
A real treat!
***
My parents come Tuesday, I am really looking forward 
to seeing them.
I am reading another Miss Read book and that's so nice.
I find I need to fill myself up with things that bring peace,
beauty and order...
***
I hope to resume having friends over again,
but this week I will enjoy being with my parents and hosting them! 
It's a real blessing for us to have them come
and for my Husband's parents to have just visited us as well!
***
There is a lot of hard in this world and in our lives,
things we can't write about in our blogs but that we 
at times suffer/endure/struggle with.
***
I know that we have more blessings than troubles
but I also know that some days and weeks are really difficult
and because I live through this reality as well,
I am even more grateful for days like today,
when we get something beautiful that really improves our home,
a church picnic to look forward to DV tomorrow
and my parents coming DV Tuesday and a nice week ahead,
DV (means Lord Willing in Latin).
***
I hope no matter what trials and sufferings you are in,
that you are given days and moments of beauty to help you
in the struggle, the often long, hard and lonely road that we find ourselves in.
***
May God have mercy on us and save us! 

3 comments:

karen said...

love your side table and the cup holder pull out thingie (I cannot think of the name...if it has one). How nice to be with parents but it's also nice to get back to regular life. My yesterday was a true treasure and my heart was full of gratitude, I loved not having a worry in my head :)

Tracy said...

Oooo... that end table is a real reader's companion isn't it?! All that space for cups, storage and all sorts--beautiful! And so is your new sideboard. It's so nice being able to better organize things at home, isn't it...and all the more so beaUtifully?! How delicious that pizza looks...mmm... Have a VERY happy week with your parents visiting! God bless you all! :) ((HUGS))

Becki said...

What a cleverly designed end table! And pretty, too.