Monday, September 24, 2018

A Lovely Sunday







Church this morning.
Beautiful new icons including one of
St James, the Brother of our Lord, who wrote 
the first liturgy in the time of the Apostles!
The liturgy we use today is shorter than his
but has many correlations. 
***
My parents-in-law came to our far-away church, 
where they have been and visited many times over the last 25+ years
and it was so wonderful esp. to have my Husband's godmother talking with them
at length at coffee hour and just listening to the happy memories and catching up! 




My parents-in-law, my Husband, and I all had different hot drinks for our "coffee time"
that we had before dinner of pizza and salads...
Mom had decaf coffee, Dad hot chocolate, my Husband ginger tea and myself decaf tea!
We all enjoyed the homemade cookies and other treats! 


+Patrick's been on my mind a lot, so I am using his teacup, it's such a blessing,
one that I do not take foregranted! 


I made a pizza tonight and my Mother-in-law made the fruit salad and I made the green salad.
It was a really nourishing delicious meal! 


It was a really fun meal! 
Tonight I finally got most of a form that I had been trying to get done
for over a year, my Mother-in-law helped a lot;
and my Husband and his Dad built a new shoe rack for us that we got at IKEA.
So that was really fun! 
Tomorrow more work DV will be done - in our shower, my Father-in-law is 
putting in a new tile, replacing one that needed replacing and
they hope to put up metal shelves in a closet we call 
'our crazy closet' because it has no shelves and has stuff jammed in there
in a half-hazard 'crazy' fashion.
My father-in-law also fixed a cupboard hinge that was broken for over a year,
a light bulb that was flickering over our 'island', suggested a solution for my twinkle
lights that I always had to unplug and re-plug in to use,
and he unplugged my bathroom sink as well!
Hmmm, I just looked at my last blog post and I guess I am repeating myself a bit.
But it just goes to show that I am quite excited about all the fixes that have gone on! 
My Mother-in-law and I hope to reorganize our master bedroom closet as well.
I bought banker boxes that we need to assemble and use for this.
DV tomorrow I am making spaghetti for lunch and we are hoping to go out for dinner!
It's so encouraging to get things done around the house.
I am so thankful! 

4 comments:

Becki said...

I've seen that same wonderful head of blond hair in a previous picture! :^) Referring to the first picture of (are they called?) altar boys.

Your goodies look wonderful, but that pizza really caught my eye. Mmmmm So glad you've had a good time with your inlaws, and are getting so many things done! I'm curious what DV is, though.

elizabeth said...

Hi Becki! Yes, altar boys! DV is Latin for Lord Willing! The pizza was delicious!

Becki said...

Thank you for explaining, Elizabeth. Curious what the exact Latin words were, I of course had to look it up. :) Deo Volente. I've often heard (and occasionally use) the expression, "God (or Lord) Willing", but I'm amazed I've never come across this Latin expression or the abbreviation. It is so true: The more I learn, the less I know...

elizabeth said...

Hi Becki, you are most welcome! Yes, same here, the more I learn, the more I know how little I know! :)