Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A wonderful last day of my Husband's parents visit


It was such a rainy day, there was flooding in nearby towns and in NYC today.
My Husband was in NYC but made it home safely.
It was such a blessing to have my parents-in-law home with me today.
My Mother-in-law did a large part of the collapsing of boxes we did not need,
and later I organized our new now not crazy 'crazy closet'
and it is going to mean that a bunch of boxes that were in our office,
that we really needed to keep but had no 'home' for, 
are now properly shelved.
This is such a blessing!



My Mother-in-law bought this cake for us last night! 
We had a thin piece at lunch and it was nice!


Lunch included chicken burgers, salad, and fruit salad!


My father-in-law's Bible, a real treasure.


Lots of leftovers made a really good meal tonight!
The meat I reheated in the toaster oven, 
everything else was done in the microwave, with all of my 
metal pan lids to keep things warm...


I set out our pretty blue and white dishes..... and nice water goblets too!


I managed to clear the island!





It was lovely to eat by candlelight!
My father-in-law called this 'romantic'! :)


A delicious meal and a fun dessert!


The cake was not too sweet and finished the meal off nicely.
Tonight we talked about many memories my father-in-law has of 
immigrated at age 13 from Holland to BC Canada, way up North.
It was a joy to hear these stories.
I am so glad I have my Husband's parents as my 
parents too... and to think my own parents are also coming soon,
next week Tuesday, is a great blessing. 

2 comments:

karen said...

you set such a welcoming table, I love the photo of the bible, what a treasure! Looks like you've had fun with family!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Karen! Yes, that Bible is a treasure and I saw my father-in-law use it many times!