Thursday, September 13, 2018

First full day back home and it was a full day

















Swimming this morning,
loads of laundry (and more to do!)
lunch of a simple chicken burger and chips
this afternoon we went to pick up my new glasses
and then went to our favourite place that we rarely go to
as it is now a town over
and while we said this was for our anniversary, 
my Husband and I both agree wholeheartedly that the actual anniversary
evening with dear friends was the best anniversary celebration we could have
ever wanted... it was so so special and I savour the time with these dear friends so much.
I finally was able to give my Husband the beautiful Tolkien book that came out this summer
and that I bought to surprise him.  He, indeed, is very pleased with it.
He gave me two lovely books.  
I also got the beautiful gold and white bowls from the VNA rummage sale 
and he got a lovely toy solider.
We were totally out of milk this morning so after swimming we went to our
local coffee shop and got a small thing of milk so that I could have it with the tea
I had already made, the last 2 days being fast days!
I watched a wall be brought up by crane out my window... the new building is coming along,
as are many others nearby in our densely populated urban city in NJ... 
We also went shopping tonight and I did an online grocery order as well...
So that I will have everything I need for Sunday's dinner... 
I am reading some and have more to do to prepare for the dinner...
I am thankful for all that we have and for our marriage and that we have
dear friends to have over soon and later on, God willing.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL meal for your anniversary, Elizabeth... And books for gifts--the best kind of gift! TJ doesn't have that Tolkien book yet--will have to add that to the Christmas list. ;) Have a wonderful weekend continuing the happy and celebrations! God bless you both!! :))) ((HUGS))