Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Tuesday: Simple Adventures in NYC



I had an appointment near the 32nd St Trader Joe's 
in NYC today! 
It's a bit like going into a cave, as the store is below ground via
escalators or elevator... 




Then I had lunch and then walked and walked to the 33rd PATH station,
first going the WRONG way as Google Maps was sending me
to the 23rd St PATH station... by 27th street (and realizing I started at 30th
and meant to hit 33rd) I looked again at the map
and realized what was going on,
even though I told Google Maps to send me to the 33rd PATH station.
So Instead I told them to take me to The Harold which is a bistro
perpendicular (basically) to the PATH station. 
This one is the best to take with COVID for a few reasons.
1. It has an elevator, most helpful with a full cart
2. It is the beginning of the line so you get your pick of seats 
3.  It's simple and easy to access. 




I wanted to capture how EMPTY the PATH train is.
Before, mid-day it was at least half full; rush hour, pre-COVID you were lucky 
to get on the train and if you did get on, you were squished and lucky if you got a bit
of room to yourself at all.  Now there are no full trains.



Some of my Trader Joe's finds.
I know that not everyone can even go to stores right now
and I am so grateful that I was able to go today!
I went esp to get the Trio Crackers that are seasonal and so
I got 4 (!) boxes so we can enjoy them all year :)


I am so pleased that these tasted so good! :)












{I wrote this earlier tonight on social media}
***
Thanksgiving List!
1. I got to go to NYC today! (Cabbed in, took PATH back double masked and with LOTS of social distance).
2. I got the trio crackers (it's 3 different types) from Trader Joe's! They are seasonal so... 4 boxes came home with me to enjoy all year round!
3. Sarah Clarkson is reading poems for Advent (see here) and I am REALLY loving them.
4. We had a simple meal of salad and small vegan samosas from Trader Joe"s for dinner and it was yummy!
5. I raced through dishes cleanup before going to NYC this AM @ 9 AM and when I got home (and put all the groceries away!) I was able to get the pile of Mt Laundry folded and was able to do a big load of laundry as well.
6. My Christmas tree is up and beautiful.
7. That I have a great family and a Husband who delights me.

YOUR turn! What are YOU thankful for today?

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Let's see...I'm thankful for my comfortable home, for grown children who come for short visits ( today it was youngest son), for sunshine ( even if it was 0* C this morning) for my morning walks.
I see you had a clear day for your trip to the city and very successful shopping too.

Gretchen Joanna said...

The TJ's I've been to in San Francisco is underground like that. It "works" -- but is weird.

Paula said...

Your tree looks beautiful. We're hopefully going for ours on Tuesday. I need to get in the Christmas mood.

Pilgrim said...

I’m thankful the sun is shining and the sky is blue today; the snow is melting. I’m thankful for books, and the church calendar, and cheddar cheese. I’m thankful for my aunt’s phone calls, the mailman, music, and the doctor—when you need him/her. I’m thankful for clementines, spumoni ice cream during the holidays, natural chunky peanut butter, bananas, coffee, and Constant Comment teabags. I’m thankful for a working furnace, an electric fireplace, and the ability to walk and talk.

Lisa said...

I am also loving Sarah Clarkson's poetry readings! She reads so well, and it's just a peaceful ending to my days. (I don't know when she posts them, but I always seem to listen/watch at night.)

Becki said...

Catching up here on your blog a bit, I enjoyed the pictures of NYC and I also enjoyed listening to Sarah Clarkson. I thought there was something familiar about her and it occurred to me that she is the daughter of Sally Clarkson, a mentor to many homeschooling moms (including myself) through her books and lectures. It's been a long time since those days for me. I'm not active on Instagram, but I sure enjoyed learning about Sarah some tonight, listening to her read and hear her thoughts. Thank you for sharing that.