Wednesday, December 09, 2020

What Days These Are






Hi dear blog friends!
It is so nice to quickly for a bit!
Man, don't know about you, but
these days I am not finding fully easy.
I think we are just plain tired.
Well, in the midst of that, 
God is with us; 
I loved so much my priest in Ottawa
when he said that Christmas is
when God comes to dwell with us,
and in the midst of all of our mess.
I find that comforting.
Our lives are not perfect and we fail and fall down at times.
But God came to be with us and we can,
with God's help, get up again.
Well, these are busy days for me.
Monday I had rest, today was difficult.
I am tired.
We are just doing one step in front of the other.
I am thankful that things slowly get done,
like today I got caught up, again, on dishes.
I made easy garlic bread tonight to go with the fast-friendly pasta
and it was great.
I read some passages of a book I am reading to my Husband
and made him laugh.
I was reading in Luke chapter 16 and and told Mr Husband that
I did not understand parts of it and he told me to go read
The Blessed Theophylact's chapter in his commentary on Luke and 
WOW WOW WOW it all made sense and was so wonderful.
It, all at once, felt like everything (in that chapter that I did not understand)
was suddenly clear, and that it was like clear refreshing water
and so safe, like I was getting a clear straight answer
and well, it just felt so good.
I think that was a highlight for sure, after an exhausting day. 
It's handy to have a Husband who can suggest books for me to read :) 
***
This week (we are in the Nativity/Advent fast, Nativity for us on the Julian 
calendar being January 7) has lots of fish days!
So that's nice. 
And I made a simple tomato pasta,
a can of tomatoes
over (?) half a bag of frozen kale,
onions softened in olive oil before both (above) are added,
some Italian spices added.
Noodles put in half and boiled.
Clams (canned, minced, drained) added at end on each of our bowls.
Simple. Tastes great 2nd day and with garlic bread
(English muffins with margarine or olive oil with garlic powder and onion salt mix
(from Trader Joe's) toasted in our toaster oven).
So, some good things to see about today!
***
I hope you have a good thing for today too.
I know we are all so weary.
9 months into this pandemic.
May God have mercy on us and save us! 

3 comments:

karen said...

your tree is gorgeous!! Isn't it nice to gaze and feel festive and anticipate Christmas. I love Advent.

Gretchen Joanna said...

What a gift to have a husband who can guide your explorations like that. And you are both blessed to have such a cozy home together. <3

Granny Marigold said...

Luke chapter 16 isn't easy to understand. I'm glad your husband was able to direct you to an explanation.
You're so fortunate that both like seafood. Here neither of us do and would be in dire straits if we had to observe the regulations that you do.