Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday, A Warm Beautiful Day

So my pictures did not yet transfer to google pictures
so I can get them here so just a bit of writing.
It was so crazy warm here today, very spring like.
The rest of the week will literally be freezing temperatures so today
was really a huge gift to us all.
Liturgy was beautiful.
Seeing friends afterwards (outside) and talking about 
things was just wonderful.
We went and picked up a few groceries,
including more canned organic green beans for me!
We went home, ate some of our takeout Thai green curry (for me)
and Massaman curry for my Husband
and then a good walk and a talk with neighbours.
Then dinner, a blitz clean of the kitchen, that was overrun with dishes.
Bath, prayers, bed.
We all were feeling the hope that you feel on a Spring day
and with the vaccine we were all feeling more hopeful for a better year
to come... meanwhile praying that we can keep going to church,
even in limited numbers, wearing a mask, etc. 
The hope you feel when it's warm and you realize that time moves
quickly, 'time flies' as people say and that before we know it
Spring and Summer will be here again,
and with it, we hope for healing for our world and a slow return to normal,
slow I think because it's like when you were sitting for a good while
on the couch and don't realize you were not sitting that well and 
you get up stiff and slow.  
I think it may be like that.
But then we may feel the sun on our face, on our limbs,
and begin moving more quickly and soon, normally again. 
*** 
The RSC: thanks for your comment! Nice that you know Luci Shaw.
She really is a dear soul. 
I met her once, as my undergraduate (in English Lit) was done at TWU in Langley BC
and professor L Szabo (now retired) knows her and had her speak to us.
I think to know Luci is to love her, from just meeting her in person this one time!
I would have met Luci in the very early 2000s.
Thank you for telling me about her new book of poems.
I have some of Luci's poetry I believe, but older ones.
I have so much I mean to read
and hope to get better at it. 
I wish all the best to you and to Luci also!
***
I have my counter set up for baking more cookies.
The church we are actual members of (Which is over 1 hour drive 1/way)
is on the Julian calendar and so I get to do St Nicholas day again DV
this coming Saturday!
I have a lot of baking I hope to do,
and I need to have it all done and wrapped up by Thursday!
***
People look forward to my cookies every year...
and I love making them!
***
I am nearing the end of reading 
and WOW WOW WOW I read one page and think
GOLD.  His books are like gold to me. 
I learn so much, find such encouragement,
such instruction.
***
May God bless you all and may He save us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Time does move quickly and hopefully Spring will bring new hope for an end to the pandemic.
I hope your cookie baking was fun and you got lots made!