Friday, December 04, 2020

A beloved Feast Day; this week been a bit of a blur

 


Today marks 10 years since my beloved Oma died....
it was and is really special that she died on this feast day 💙🙏🕯



Thai Fish (tilapia) Green Curry. 
We LOVE this meal.


Talk about a blur of days!
Yesterday I forgot about filling my electric kettle 
and it over-filled and I did not turn off the water,
so I basically flooded half the rug, 1 drawer and a huge
cupboard (the one under my red canisters) 
and between that and some other unexpected time-taking things,
I am a bit behind
but surviving, 
I hope to have things cleaned up by tomorrow.
And bag up cookies for St Nicholas Day Part 1.
And bake 2 loafs of the fruit and nut bread that is so good. 
And, and, and...
for now, work on going to bed :) 
***
Oh, I wanted to make a note that I re-found the recipe for the 
Christmas Turkey Casserole (end of that post) that I have made in the past
and am putting it HERE for future reference...
(and I will email it to myself so I have it after
our Christmas on January 7th.)
*** 
Ok. Now I need to work on getting to bed.
***
Oh, wait.  Can I just say that I have some friends going through 
Really HARD stuff right now. 
Not my story to share but OH my heart is so sad for them.
And it's plural them as in more than one friend/group.
***
Lord have mercy on us and save us!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Elizabeth may I please have your recipe for the Thai fish/green curry? Thank you so much. Also, I will offer prayers for your friends. God bless.

elizabeth said...

Mary, I wish I knew! Sorry I did not mention that it is from our favourite Thai restaurant that we pass when driving home from our faraway church!!❤

Pilgrim said...

I have found those church calendar rhythms to be a comfort, too. The meeting with the palliative care doctor for my mother was on August 15, a year and a half ago, so very fully of meaning in the newer calendar. Underneath are the everlasting arms, always.

I am sorry for your friends. The separations make hard times even rougher.

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry about your flooded kitchen. It happens to everyone at some time or other I guess. Our son's family lives in the suite in the basement. Their diningroom is under our kitchen, One day when we had a similar flood we didn't know that the water found a way in the floor and filled their diningroom light fixture ( sort of a big upturned bowl. That was a surprise to all of us.

Becki said...

Oh no. hope the flood didn't damage anything. Sounds like you're super busy with Christmas cooking and baking. I clicked on the link and checked out that delicious looking Turkey Casserole recipe. Mmmmm.

Diana said...

Your flood sounds like my HUGE pot of chicken soup I had just finished making a few days ago and then accidentally spilled the WHOLE thing on the counter and it ran over the edge into the lower cabinet and onto the kitchen floor. *GROAN* I was so angry at myself. Oiy. All that work and then the cleanup. Keeping you guys in our daily prayers here for your continued health and safety! Sending you many blessings and big hugs, my friend!

Diana said...

P. S. I LOVE your beautiful tree!!