Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuesday: You Were Busy

 




Whew.
Double batch of muffins (1 batch shown)
Quadruple batch of chocolate brownie cookies (1 rack shown)
1 batch of orange scented 'snowball' tea cookies (pictured).
Not fully cleaned up but pretty good considering.
2 meals made (simple ones).
1 nap.
1 walk.
1 tired me :) 
I am now DONE with my St Nicholas baking for this Saturday.
Meanwhile, we may get up to a food of snow (?) between tomorrow
and Thursday morning.
Well, we will be ready.
I just hope we don't lose power.
But if we do, we are ready for that too.
And we are fortunate that we have a gas range, so if the power goes out,
we can still have hot water.
I am really thankful.
***
To answer Diana's question, nope not my birthday yet.
I merely wrap my own presents for later so they are ready. 
***
I am going to make a variation DV of this for Dec 25 Christmas lunch,
I hope!  and I hope to make the mushroom soup too :) 
***
We shall see, I am hopeful.
***
I am so tired.  No wonder with the baking I did :) 
That was a LOT of standing etc.
***
God bless you each and everyone.
May God have mercy on us and save us!

4 comments:

Pilgrim said...

The celebration of St. Nicholas’s Day is such a wonderful custom. My husband, being from Dutch background, grew up with it as Sinter Klaas, but similar practice. So much less of the pressure of Christmas, as far as gifts and cooking, but just enough to be fun, a little highlight as the days get shorter, and we start to wait for light to return.

Diana said...

My Mennonite ancestors (the Germans from Prussia/South Russia) called those cookies "Russian Tea Cookies." I make them a lot for family... I made 9 dozen for the AHG tea party back in February and the girls sure gobbled them up lol. I have wrapped a couple of my own birthday gifts, too! My stepmom did that a lot for herself and always said she was "surprised and delighted" at what she received lol. Your pretty cranberry muffins and all the cookies would make beautiful ornaments because they're so pretty and colorful. But being edible they might not last very long. ;) We had nearly an inch of snow last, but it's almost gone today. But I hear you guys will probably have it a whole lot worse up there. Sending you hugs and prayers for warmth and safety. Blessings to you, dear Elizabeth!

Diana said...

P.S. I use the same Minimalist Baker website for meal ideas!!

Gretchen Joanna said...

I am always amazed by your planning and organizing!