Monday, December 14, 2020

Baking with Cranberry (how was it only Monday?)







I did more vegan chocolate cranberry cookies.
And a cranberry muffin recipe from 
Company's Coming Muffin Cookbook 
(a series that was popular in Canada and that you 
could pick up at a grocery store! Good home cooking and baking!)
It called for vegetable oil and milk; I simply
substituted the milk for orange juice. 
It was delicious still warm out of the oven!
I also put raw sugar on top before I baked it
(the recipe called for melted butter with sugar afterwards,
my way is easier and really delicious!) 
The sugar I used is in big brown crystals, here's a picture of them:


I finished this book ...
(I was so glad I was able to fit this in because I am giving this book 
to kids at our church this Saturday for St Nicholas day 
(on the Julian calendar). 
Here's the book: 


It's WONDERFUL.
And really for ages 6-adult in my book :) 
It's in part a book about growing up into (nearly) adults
and it really picks up speed quickly.
I really enjoyed it and hope to do a book review at some point.
This is my super busy baking time because I did not have
a chance to bake earlier in the year because of the pandemic...
***
Well.  My mind is whirling (so much to do...)
but I must get to bed.
I say that a lot here, I realize, but I write late at night,
when all is quiet... 
***
I must say it felt like a few days in 1 day today.
I felt really thrown off and that I did a lot today
(which, is true, I baked 4 batches of cookies + a batch of muffins
and did 2 meals and cleanup). 
And I finished a great book.
And took a walk.
Yep. That's a lot.
I am behind on emails.  I am just trying to get
the basics covered right now and this week that's baking.
And prayers of course.
***
God bless you!
May God save us all! 

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Your baking looks super, very appetizing!

Granny Marigold said...

No wonder you were tired because you sure baked a lot!! It all looks great.