Monday, December 28, 2020

Last Day of 43

 


Well, I am in the last minutes of the last
day of my 43rd year.
My first pandemic birthday is tomorrow.
I wonder, God willing, what it will be in a year from now.
Well.  Thank God that He never leaves us. 
***
I wrote this earlier today and will end with this:

Tomorrow I turn 44 years old... 
this is my first birthday since I was married that I will not be with family 
(other than my Husband) on my birthday... 
tomorrow I also go to NYC to my dentist to have a filling fixed (it fell out).  
The dentist appt is not till 2:30 so I am cabbing in early to have lunch first! 
(cabbing not taking a train re:pandemic and 
don't worry I have a KN95 mask, wear a cotton mask on top of that 
and even have a face shield, keep cab window open a bit etc...
and most New Yorkers wear masks outdoors AND indoors...!)  .
.. DV I am going to eat at Tea and Sympathy! 
My Husband is working so I figure this is a good way to spend part of my birthday
 (the dentist part maybe not as much! LOL but hey! 
it gets to me into NYC on my bday and that's great!)... 
Anyway, two small amazon packages came for me that I did not order
 (or my Husband) so maybe someone sent me something.  
I will find out tomorrow when I open them! 🙂  
Something unknown is also coming from Georgia 
and I have a distinct feeling my Mother-in-Law or Sister-in-Law 
have something to do with this one!  
Anyway, I am enjoying my last day of being 43 and 
somehow 44 feels like a BIG deal to me. 
 The sun is shining, 
I am about to make turtle bars to freeze for Jan 7 Christmas
 and, between other tasks, am reading some really enjoyable books!
 A lot to be thankful for!!! ❤
***
May God bless and save us all! 

5 comments:

C said...

Dear Elisabeth,
Happy birthday!
All the best, health and happiness for 2021!
Thank you very much for your wonderful blog, which I follow since years!
Best wishes from Europe :–)
Chris

C said...

Dear Elisabeth,
Happy birthday!
All the best, health and happiness for 2021!
Thank you very much for your wonderful blog, which I follow since years!
Best wishes from Europe :–)
Chris

Diana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!! You are such a beautiful soul and deserve to have a wonderful new year of your life! I hope you're having a great day (in spite of spending a bit of it at the dentist, hope that goes well). Hugs and blessings to you, dear friend!

Granny Marigold said...

Happy birthday, Elizabeth. I'm sorry you couldn't be with your family but this year is so different in so many ways.
(Hope the dentist visit wasn't too unpleasant)

Pilgrim said...

Happy birthday, and wish you many years!