Wednesday, December 16, 2020

unexpected loss


Today I was tired and processing some sadness including the death this morning of my Husband's Aunt who I met in BC about 8 years ago. I managed to order flowers for my Husband's family to the newly grieving Uncle. We got snow today which was nice since I am warm inside 🥰....

I always pray for the homeless especially in the winter time....

I have recently lost a friendship that I held dear in part because of circumstances beyond my ken or ability to navigate. I just keep praying and grieving for now. 

This year has had a tremendous amount of loss for me in terms of friends, much because of the pandemic.  Many I am still in touch with but no longer live close enough to see in person. 

I am thankful that I still have friends and that God is full of mercy. 

I wish each of you both the love of Christ and love for Christ. I wish for us all God's mercy and ultimate salvation, and that we can be with Christ and each other in the world to come. 

6 comments:

Juliana said...

I'm so sorry for your hurts, my friend. It has indeed been a tough season in that regard, as in so many. I am glad you are warm and cared for, and God grant peace and comfort to you this day.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry for the sadness that you are experiencing. It continues to be a difficult year.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Your last paragraph captures all the hope that keeps us going! Lord, have mercy on us all.

Diana said...

We are lifting you and Mr. Husband up to the Lord in prayer for all the sadness you're going through. This has certainly been a year full of hard things. Much love and many hugs, my friend!

Paula said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard, especially in the days leading up to Christmas. Ella's had trouble with friends this year too. Sending you lots of love and prayers.

Pilgrim said...

I’m sorry for your losses. They start to seem harder as the nights lengthen, but the Light is coming.