Saturday, December 19, 2020

Two Pictures * St Nicholas Day



These are not pictures from today
but are what I gave to the families with kids.
(Everyone else got cookies). 
***
It was a good day. Busy.  Beautiful.
Liturgy in the morning.
We bought take out food from 2 different places with the 
purpose of my not cooking much early next week as I have 
Christmas baking to do and needed the help of not having to make 
meals while doing last minute baking + preparing for Christmas dinner
that DV our friend Photini is coming to. 
***
Two of my Mom friends from our far-away church surprised me
with two jars of delicious fruit preserves, as a thank you for
my baking all these years for St Nicholas day and such.
(I do St Nicholas Day, Christmas and Pascha (Easter)).
***
It's been super cold (for here) and the snow that fell 
(8 inches or more) is still around; I love it;
reminds me of being in Ottawa.
I lived there 7 years and I always miss winter there...
***
I have so many baking plans whirling in my head!
A new sandwich cookie, 
Turtle Bars, Lemon Bars, 
cranberry something... 
***
Well, thank God for it. 
I love this time of year.
Even though a few times I feel like I have hit a wall,
and get overwhelmed.
***
May God be with us and save us!

6 comments:

Gloria said...

How generous you are with your time and your baking skills. I will start my baking this week so everything will be fresh for Christmas Day. My little granddaughter will want to help with the roll out cookies. That gets a little interesting but fun. Blessings to you Elizabeth as we enter this final week of Advent.

Diana said...

I would say you deserve that thanks for all the lovely and thoughtful things you do for others. You have such a big heart. I think you would have made a great bakery chef in a quaint little shop somewhere!! Blessings to you, Dear Elizabeth!

Pchela said...

Dear Elizabeth,

I finally found the time to sit down and create a blog. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. It was my stumbling upon your blog that stirred a need to create. You certainly are a source of creativity and friendship.

Thank you for creating a wonderful place to come and visit.

God Bless!

Melissa

Granny Marigold said...

This is definitely the time of year for baking...mainly cookies!! I've been visiting recipe sites and all the choices of recipes to try is overwhelming.

Martha said...

I hope you had a nice weekend! Giving brings me such joy, too.

Lisa said...

That's a good idea to get take-out when you're so busy with other things - there is only so much a person can do in a day! :)