Sunday, December 20, 2020

Saturday Evening and Sunday: Liturgy and Baking Plans



























You would think I would learn. SIGH.  I had a lot of text that I wrote BEFORE putting in pictures,
because they were still being uploaded but forgot that the updated Blogger is WORSE and my writing is GONE. :(

Well. 

A quick recap. 
***
Pictures of vespers, liturgy and our St Nicholas present table.
We opened our gifts tonight... 
I got the book on prayer, Husband got the boxed set of 3 Bible commentaries...
We were surprised with a gift of a very amazing looking
cranberry orange pound cake and Christmas ornament!
The cake of course went in the freezer,
I am already dreaming of January 8, when my Husband & I are home
and having a slice of that cake with a delicious cup of tea! 
Jan 7 is our Christmas... 
***
Well,
Other than this and the fact that I am up late...
I wanted to tell you my baking dreams and goals
So there they are:
Tomorrow:
2 batches of turtle bars
1 batch of brownies with dried cherries
if I have time
sugar cookies (from my 1945 Boston Cooking School Cookbook)
with toppings...
***
I have more dreams but I lost the text I wrote and don't have the steam to re-write it....
***
I am excited though.
It's going to be quite the week.
Mr Husband and I have to go to NYC early Tuesday AM.
By Wednesday I need to be figuring out Christmas dinner plans more
concretely. 
I know what I am making but have to get it ready to be made. 
***
I really want it to be special for my friend Photini... 
***
Ok. That's it for tonight.
***
I am already beginning to think about after Christmas and what 
project I want to do next...
(December's project being baking etc)... 
***
May God bless us save us and have mercy on us!

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Isn't the new Blogger irritating? Why they couldnt have left it as it was I dont know.
You are going to be very busy in the next few days, take time to rest if you can. x

Gretchen Joanna said...

Your house is SO warm and bright, it makes me very happy :-)