Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas (part 1) 2020























Christmas Part 1 :) 

We went to liturgy this morning.
Last night already at the Christmas Eve service, 
I was feeling so deeply grateful just to be there.
I know a lot of people were not able to be at church because of
the world wide pandemic and so I was just so aware of being glad just to be 
present in church with part of my large many-country, many-church family.

We had Photini over and it was so very nice to have her.
She is a beautiful soul and I have been so thankful for her friendship. 
The Vegan pot pie, the chicken pot pie for our friend, the vegan mushroom soup, the rolls, the salad (that I forgot to make for lunch but that we had for dinner!), the tea time that I had just with my friend.  It was a really treasured time.  She looked so beautiful with the candle light and the lights of the candles and trees glistened off of the dishes and tea set that I bought and used the first time she came over after lockdown. 
I am so very thankful.  

I still have a ways to go with Christmas as we hope to be at the Jan 7 Christmas
liturgy and break the fast then.  I have more things to bake.  I pray that God will give me the strength for this! 

Merry Christmas to you all. 

4 comments:

Martha said...

Oooh mushroom soup sounds and looks scrumptious! Will you send me the recipe?

Pilgrim said...

It is so cheering to have twelve days of Christmas after the 25th. I guess you have even more cheer to survive the dark days, with "old Christmas", as the Amish call it.

Elizabethd said...

How lovely it all looks, so festive and attractive.

Granny Marigold said...

It all looks lovely and festive.