Monday, November 30, 2020

Monday: Busy Baking













I woke up late, made an early lunch for Mr Husband
who had a 11:45 meeting,
and by 1 PM something I was feeling tired;
I had cleaned up the kitchen; laundry is in huge piles
waiting to be folded; still is.  
I had wanted to bake today and so I roused myself 
and got baking. 
***
I made a single batch of chocolate and cranberry cookies (vegan)
and a quadruple batch (which I should do in 2 double batches for the dry ingredients
with half the wet as mixing it was nearly impossible) 
of vegan brownie cookies.
Whew.
I listened to this Christmas album, here, on repeat.
It's cheesy and maybe British pop-y? I just know I like it
(and that it drives my Husband crazy, he's more a fan of older music!) :)
***
We took a walk, I had dinner part 1 (I was crashing, it happens),
prepared cookies and dinner part 2 
and we had dinner and cookies hot out of the oven.
***
I am going to NYC tomorrow 
and had to figure out exactly WHERE I was going.
I found a Trader Joe"s near to my appointment (!!!) and will be 
I hope to be scouting out the delicious crackers 
that they only have this time of year...
***
And I had all those dishes to do.
Did those in 2 goes, as we had family prayers too.
***
I am worried still about one of my godkids Dads who is sick.
Please, if you pray, can you pray quickly for him,
before finishing reading this nearly done blog post?
***
It is wonderful to have the quiet of the night.
My Husband is already sleeping; the dishwasher is 
running; all the Christmas lights are on.
It's a wonderful quiet that I only get if I stay up
like this.  
I've been struggling a bit to stay in the present but
when I do, and really look at what I have been given in my day,
then I am so thankful.
Today I was able to bake cookies 
(they are now in the last of our freezer space! to be DV
given away this coming weekend for St Nicholas day Part 1).


I can't remember if I shared the above before.
It is so beautiful and encouraging.
***
I was able to light my lampadas today and that was such a blessing.
We really need all the LIGHT we can get!
***
Well, it's late and I need to be up a bit earlier tomorrow!
God BLESS you and shine His face upon you!
May He have mercy on us and 
save us in whatever
situation we find ourselves in.
Take courage; God is with us. 

3 comments:

Barwitzki said...

I love cookies ... I love cakes and coffee. We traditionally cut the Christmas Stollen / cake on Sunday for the 1st Advent and I had baked peanut butter cookies.
Today on December 1st there was the first snow. Joy. It looks wonderful outside with the lights of Advent.
Greetings to you

Granny Marigold said...

Your cookies look great. I hope you have/had a wonderful day in NYC!!

Pilgrim said...

Good for you, getting the baking started. I need to do that.
I would like to have some lampadas, even one. They seem so expensive.