Monday, November 23, 2020

Monday: Cold and Sweet















For many of us, these days are hard.  
All the more reason to remember what we are thankful for.  
Here's a few of my own thanksgiving thoughts today.  
1. God's mercy and His mercy never fails. 
2.  My marriage and that we get to grow together.  
3.  I made my Mom's chili and Jiffy cornbread for lunch and I was one happy camper
 (last few meat meals before the Nativity fast that begins this Friday!).  
4.  Beautiful music that lifts up.  
5.  Great books to read and savour.  
6.  New recipes to try (DV the apple crisp tomorrow!) 
7.  Grocery delivery service.  
8. Most of our thanksgiving meal is being delivered to us via the grocery delivery service! 
9. I am so far on track for what needs to be done each day
 in preparation for Thanksgiving.  That means that today...
10.  I was able to make our bathrooms 'squeaky clean' again 🙂  
11. That I can make our home beautiful and orderly.  
12.  Things I ordered for Christmas came today! 
13. Phone calls and texts from dear ones near and far. 
14.  That tomorrow is a new day and that God's mercy is new every morning. ❤

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I like that you are so organized. That way everything gets done.

karen said...

so much to be grateful for and while it will be the two of us by ourselves this year I am looking forward to a quiet slow Thanksgiving.

Pilgrim said...

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, one of peace and hope.

Lisa said...

I have that blue crockpot liner - Rival, I suppose. :D I'm glad you were on track; I was a little behind, but it all worked out and we had a very nice Thanksgiving.