Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Wednesday: an Unexpected IKEA Run!








What I thought this day would have was very different 
from what it actually became! 
My Husband collects toy soldiers (they are really cool but
for various reasons are not going to be pictured here)
and needed another bookshelf for them...
after measuring, talking with me, brainstorming
and some online IKEA research, 
we decided to go after lunch!
So we did! And I got some really cute things!!! 
(Mr Husband got his bookshelf with doors +
glass boxes for the toy soldiers)
and I got pillows, pillow cases, a new duvet (we went with just white),
some cute table runners and cloth placemats, some candles,
two trays (1 small 1 large, both made in Bulgaria!),
and I stocked up on tea lights (I use them when we burn incense)... 
***
We had soup again for dinner and then I needed some
serious rest! My friend sent me the link to watch Ree's launch of her new book
and I really enjoyed the second part esp when it was about Ree and her life.
I love that she loves, in general, a quiet life.
(though her life is quite more involved than mine; my goodness!)
However, I can say: Me too ... I love being home and living quietly! :)
***
I am excited about the IKEA things because most of it can be used for Christmas decorating,
which I sure hope to start the day after Thanksgiving!
I have seen lots of people getting a jump start on Christmas, putting up Christmas trees
and such already.  I am fine with that.  :) 
***
I am already thinking of a Christmas (first Christmas) day menu
(it will be a fish day for us) and what to serve...
***
Well, not much else to say.
Tomorrow will be busy with everything I did not get done today
because of going to IKEA but it was worth it! 
My Husband has a nice project (bookshelf + office rearranging)
and I got some festive home decor things! 
***
Oh, and Instagram STILL crashing.  It's been a least a week now... 
***
May God bless you all.
I know it's a hard season for most if not all.
May God help us and give us His peace in the midst of it.

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

We used to go to Ikea often when we lived in France. I even had 2 Ikea kitchens! Here, our nearest store is a couple of hours away, so it's not possible to go.

Pilgrim said...

I have to laugh thinking about your husband assembling an ikea bookcase. Good luck to him.

I’ve gotten out the Christmas tablecloth and two angels. We’ve had a string of blue lights up In the front window for weeks. Along with Easter egg lights. :-). I brought down the Nativity icon from Sunday.
Usually I like to wait, but this year, I’ll take it steadily, a little at a time. We need it.

Granny Marigold said...

Recently my oldest grandson got a bookshelf from IKEA and ran into some problems assembling it. DH went over to help him since that was easier than trying to guide him through various steps over the phone. It went well in the end. I hope your ghusband has no problems with putting his up.
Nice that you also found things you like there.