Sunday, November 01, 2020

Sunday: Full, Beautiful, Unexpected









I know, the comic above is really funny :) 
A quilt guild friend sent it. 
So no pictures of church, or of my meal afterwards with my
friend Photini as I forgot my phone at home! 
My friend has, for very valid understandable reasons, decided to leave
and probably relocate to her home country overseas.
I will miss her.
This is the 3rd person (the other 2 are a couple and a family) leaving our area
in the last month or so.  
It's just how it is going right now.
I am sad about it.  I am going to miss her. But I am seeking to be resolute and brave.
I did everything I hoped to do for preparing for this
very busy week, it's possibly going to be one of the hardest of my year
in terms of personal intensity. 
So today I cooked up a huge batch of rice, boiled some eggs for myself,
baked 2 loaves of bread, made pumpkin bread from a mix.
The good thing is that I am able to be quite organized when I need to be
and my cart is already packed with library books to return
and an emailed list of things to do. 
I have a cab scheduled to pick me up early
and am so glad for the many good things.
Including grocery delivery service,
which comes Tuesday with a lot of great things for us.
I am really thankful.
And I got to see my Husband excited about his toy soldier collection,
that is growing, and that's really nice.
I pray that you have peace from God and that 
when our small 'enough' is embarrassingly paltry, that
you will know that God will bless it,
that if we come to Him,
He will never forsake us, no matter what suffering may come.

3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I hope you have a good day. It’s clear, cool, and sunny here.
Cooking and baking keeps one grounded, here and now.
Or things will burn. :-)

Pom Pom said...

Yummy fruits of the kitchen! I'm sorry your friend is moving.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Maybe your husband will let you post photos of his toy soldiers :-)

I love that cartoon about needing haircuts!