Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Tuesday: Pasta, Unexpected Resolution and Relaxing





Hard to believe that next week is already Thanksgiving!
I have my meal ordered from our grocery delivery service!
I hope to make 2 things but we shall see.
I am doing better today but am seeing
how the Dread Virus is impacting so much
and I feel a bit teary... but that is only a temporary feeling...
(Also, admittedly, we watched a Walton's episode that was on 
the sadder side of things, so that contributed to this feeling also!)
I already know I won't have Christmas at home with my parents this year,
as far as we know... 
***
Well... 
Instagram is still down for me.  Same old same old! 
It was finally really quite cold today!
I took a gloriously brisk walk with Mr Husband in the cold!
I never dress super warm because if I walk fast,
I will merely overheat.  I've been like that for at least 15 years,
it's just how it is! And it works since I LOVE cold weather...!
We may even get freezing temperatures tonight! 
***
I wrote this last night...: 

Today I was reading in the Gospel of Luke and realized 2 things.  One the genealogy of Christ, in this Gospel, is a few chapters into it.  Two, it struck me that Christ comes from Seth (the genealogy goes Jesus, (so it was thought) Son of Joseph, NAME, son of NAME until you get to Son of Seth/Son of Adam/Son of God.  Seth, you may know, is the son born to Eve after her son Able dies by the hand of her son Cain.  These are her first 2 sons.  Seth is born after Able dies.  So after horrible tragedy comes the birth of Seth, whose line, centuries later, comes the Birth of Christ, the Saviour of the world, the One who comes in love to die for us, to save us from eternal death, from evil, even from our selves in our own confusion and mistakes.  So soon after the evil begins in this world, God's plan to save us is already unfolding. We must remember this and have hope....❤
***
In related hopeful news, I am really excited to have Thanksgiving soon.
AND THEN to put up our Christmas tree! :) 
***
We really enjoyed the meat - fia sauce pasta I made today!
For dinner I made a quick 'cheaters' garlic bread:
buttered 2 sides of one English muffin, sprinkled garlic powder on top
and toasted.  IT was really good! 
***
I had something that was stressing me out quite a lot resolved in 
the most simplest and unexpected ways today.
A real relief. 
***
Well, I better get going.
I have hopes for more accomplished tomorrow!
I am working on my review for the book Sweep 
and hope to share that soon!
(my public IG account is working for the most part...
so hopefully I can share it there)
***
Almost forgot to add, Elizabethd: the Little White Horse by
Elizabeth Goudge is WONDERFUL! 
Have you read her book The Scent of Water? I recommend it! 
***
God bless each of you with His loving-kindness and His mercy! 

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

So glad you are anothe EG reader, Elizabeth. i think I have read everyone of hers!

karen said...

I get weepy too over this pandemic, you are not alone. I keep focusing on that we are closer to the end (and praying too!).

Martha said...

Glad to hear all is well. I missed you on instagram. A wee break is probably good! It will be so hard to miss our visits with family. We cancelled our trip to NY and VT for next week.

Becki said...

I've been meaning to tell you that your mention of watching the Walton's over time has finally inspired me to watch the series through. I'm realizing I never saw beyond season 3 as I probably thought I had outgrown it as I grew into my late teens and adulthood toward the end of the series. I'm considering it my "comfort viewing" these days - though it is at times seriously thought provoking and some stories deeply sad. Oh my.

Another thing your post puts me in mind of... Years ago my boys and I drew up genealogy charts (or family trees) of the lineage of Christ from Adam and Eve. Given the long life spans that were recorded, I found it not only educational, but enlightening and inspired my imagination as to whose paths could have possibly crossed whose.

Melanie said...

I’ve missed you on Instagram. I am glad to here that your doing okay. What Elizabeth Goudge book would you recommend starting with?