Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday, Mixed and Middling



I've had various struggles lately
and last night was one of the first nights in a bit that
I slept better.
***
Instagram is still crashing on me.
***
I did not feel 100% today.
So that was a bit discouraging.
***
I finished The Railway Children and it was a real delight!
My Mom had just read it and told me how much she liked it
and I realized we had a really lovely edition of it that I had not read!
So today I finished it!
***
I hope to make a simple pasta sauce meal tomorrow,
I got the ingredients out of the freezer.
***
Reading this article about an upcoming book helped me realize that
I can do some of my writing (i.e. book reviews)
by what I call "talk text" but Sarah, in this article, calls
voice text.  Basically you talk to your phone,
it dictates (often hilariously I have found) what you said,
you fix what it did not get write and text (or email) it to yourself.
Or others.  I use it a lot for texting, after seeing one of my
sister-in-law's using this feature on her phone 2 years ago. 
***
So, in view of privacy, I can't give names,
but someone in my extended family just found out 
that she has breast cancer. 
I think there is a good chance of surviving it, 
but not without surgery and treatment. 
So I ask your prayers.
***
We've been praying for 4 expectant mothers over the last months...
now we are only praying for one more!
Two girls, one boy have been born in the last month!
***
I watched this (after it was live) Instagram 'reel' (?) today
(my public account is sometimes working on my phone, really 
random and uncertain if I can get onto that account but 
miraculously I was able to for a bit today.)
And I have heard of the Green Ember books before,
and how kids just LOVE them, so I ordered the 
first book in this series
for kids in our far-away (main) church...
Of course I hope to read them too! :)
***
I am glad that each day has a new beginning
and that we get (usually anyway!) to sleep a good while
between days end and beginning.
And to that, I wish you all a peaceful night
and God's protection and help in whatever
you are facing right now.
Lord have mercy on us and save us! 


2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Have you read The Little White Horse, by Elizabeth Goudge? Like the Railway Children it was a story for younger people but I can read it over and over again, it's magical.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, sleep seems to be such a gift when it comes, these days.
Can’t take any health care for granted, with so many beds set aside for pandemic patients and so many staff getting ill or quarantined.

Elizabeth Goudge’s books are on my TBR list. :-)