Thursday, October 29, 2020

Whew, busy!







Whew. Today was busy.
I made fried chicken but the combination of recipes did not 
work well.  It still tasted fine but not up to my usual spec. 
Live and learn and that is fine.
Two meetings, many phone calls (and a ridiculous amount of spam 
phone calls) ...
when I called my parents (as I usually do) they were making applesauce
and that was really nice...
just talking to them as they made the applesauce,
knowing exactly where they were, in their kitchen... 
My kitchen and dining areas look like a dirty dishes bomb went off
and so I am going to keep this short to try to tackle that mess before 
bed so that tomorrow will be more peaceful.
I am already doing a lot of my Christmas shopping, 
I am so tired, but we are all tired, right?
It's a busy and hard season on various levels,
though I am so glad for the good things in it.
Like starting a new vintage novel; I read a few pages 
while it was raining; was a really nice moment. 
I am really glad for my home and my life with my Husband.
When I stop to think I quickly see how much I have to be 
thankful for.  
I pray that you are finding moments of peace, 
and that God is upholding you in His loving care...

4 comments:

karen said...

love your mug! I am trying my best to savor the moments (not easy). However I keep a running gratitude list and that helps. I am also trying NOT to multitask. I've been told it increases stress...gah!

Pilgrim said...

Yes, those few moments spent reading of another clime and time can really soothe. I’m reading Miss Read’s Friends at Thrush Green, and Peter France’s Patmos: A Place of Healing for the Soul (or something like that).

Paula said...

Yes, a dirty dishes bomb went off in my kitchen too. I need to find the energy to get them cleaned up. Luckily it's leftovers for supper tonight, so I won't be adding too much to the pile. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'm wondering if that vintage novel will be anything like Miss Read's books. I do so enjoy hers and would love to find another author who wrote that sort of book.