Sunday, October 18, 2020

When All Feels Urgent

 








My main just keeps racing.
NJ news, not so great -- the virus.
I go to NYC tomorrow by PATH train
(with N95 mask...gloves...etc)
I have goals:
~Trader Joes
~Art supplies for stickers for niece 
~Journal buying? if have time
~Tea and Sympathy by noon 
~East side of Manhattan by 1:30,
grabbing my library books before I cab back to the 
PATH train to go home.
***
It feels very much like trying to get everything done before a trip
a very long trip perhaps.... 
While I had hoped to return again one more time Nov 2nd to NYC 
I will have to see how things are when we get there. 
***
My friend Photini got back safe to NJ from overseas.
Have you heard of the idea of a C-19 Circle?
A few friends who are being careful and not mingling much with others
but who visit each other.
I am hoping that Photini can do that with us; 
I feel like I am scrambling to get everything in place for
the unknown virus-winter months.
***
So. We stayed local today, for church; it as a relief;
we needed the rest.
Church was lovely; then home, eating, a much needed nap,
then puttering and reading and we took a long slow walk
in beautiful sunshine and then dinner
and quiet and prayers and I've been reading more of
_She Died a Lady_ which so far I am finding really well written,
I am still in the first section of it;
and my mind has been spinning, spinning, spinning.
***
But. It is quiet now.
I am slowly getting to emails. Slowly.
My dishwasher is running.
I have a shelf of library books to the right of the table
where my chromebook is, where I am typing.
If I think of these books, it's like I have a comforting
beautiful candle glowing right next to me,
just waiting for me to turn to look at it. 
***
It's wonderful to be in church.
I just have to hold on to the present; 
I know; I forget; my mind spins; it is reeled in again...
***
I must seek quiet...
***
Lord have mercy on us!
May God help us with our various and often
very heavy burdens!
May Christ be with us, beside, in front, behind;
as the prayer to the Holy Spirit goes...
Comforter, everywhere present and filling all things...
***
May the Lord have mercy you, on all of us. 

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you had a nice day and found all the things on your list.