Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday, Flurry of Happenings

 



Some good moments today,
in a day that felt, at times, quite rushed.
Fruit and Nut bread for breakfast.
Red Lentil Soup for me (lunch and dinner!)
Hot black tea.  So warming, bracing and comforting. 
I am working on my Christmas card address list. 
I took 2 walks.
I was able to get dishes done last night
which made today WAY better.
Still a bit to go, but thanking God.
Laundry folded, more washed, some drying on racks right now.
I want to bake and do so many things
but I have to pace myself.
Next week is going to be, as I said, inordinately busy for me.
BUT, DV Monday is NYC and I have requested more books.  :) 
My goal is to have lots of things to read over the next months to keep me company
over an uncertain winter of the pandemic.
***
To somewhat, at least, answer Granny Marigold's question:
the Elizabeth Fair book I am liking, but feel, in this one, that she is 
perhaps not loving her characters; we will see, I am still in the first pages.
Feels different than Miss Read.
I will review the book and feel free to ask questions again when I am done reading it.
I don't know if there is anyone similar to what Miss Read did, exactly, however
I would not hesitate to recommend to you both DE Stevenson's books
and also Elizabeth Goudge. 
***
DV I see my friend Photini this Sunday and after church
she and I hope to have brunch together,
that will be nice!
***
I am so thankful for all the good things.
***
May God uphold us, bless us and save us!
Lord have mercy on us!

4 comments:

Pilgrim said...

My mother also liked Elizabeth Goudge and D.E. Stevenson. They’re on my long list. I doubt this will be our last long winter, but they don’t have to be ones of “discontent.” :-)

Gretchen Joanna said...

I woke up thinking about Christmas cards - I haven't been able to "get it together" to send them the last year or two, but they are a tradition I love. This seems like the perfect year and opportunity...

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for answering my question. Once you've read further you'll find out I guess how you like this author.
What fun to be looking forward to another trip into the city on Monday!!

Lisa said...

You had a flurry of activities, but we had snow! Not a flurry, either! It was like a December day, and here is Gretchen (above) talking about Christmas cards! My goodness, it's coming.