Friday, October 02, 2020

A Little About Today










Two walks in,
some reading, prepared dough for bread baking tomorrow,
visited a new small grocery store that is local to us now, 
we watched a long Walton's 2 part episode...
we enjoyed popcorn (and earlier a bowl of vegan ice cream!)...
tomorrow the newly Crowned Bride and Groom move to TN...
they hope to return for holidays as their families are up here... 
***
I ordered the sides for Canadian Thanksgiving and
found a recipe that sounds doable for the bone-in Turkey breast
that I hope to find (unless I find something even better!)...
***
I felt a bit weepy tonight...
between dear friends moving, the ongoing pandemic
(we are fortunate that where we live so far is doing well 
on that score but time will tell what the next months will bring)
and just the brokenness of the world...
***
But I know I have much to be thankful for
and I am thankful...
***
May God bless us and help us!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Elizabeth, if your friends , moving to TN, are anywhere near Franklin (Nashville area) I highly recommend St. Ignatius Orthodox church. I was blessed to attend there on and off a few years ago and it is a beautiful community filled with wonderful people. Just a thought. God bless you both. Chin up and steady on.

Pilgrim said...

That is my most-relied upon cookbook.
Marion Cunningham is the best, for giving a good range of basic instructions. I have owned so many cookbooks, and that is the one I always know will have the instructions I need, at the easiest level. I have sent half a dozen of her Lost Recipes to relatives during the pandemic, which I think I saw recommended here. Such a nice little mental trip to California, just skimming through it.
This has been a time of regular valleys, and needing to choose to seek the sunlight.

Becki said...

Your feelings are understandable. I really like that late afternoon photograph. I think late afternoon is my favorite time of the day. Pilgrim puts it well above - about valleys and "needing to choose to seek the sunlight". I like to think I do that, but I will take that thought forward.

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder if the bread you prepared for tomorrow was your Artisan bread.
All in all it sounds like you had a productive day.

elizabeth said...

Mary~ thanks~ no not there but they have a church to go to - and the priest there was, for a school year in seminary, trained by out priest here in NJ! But thank so very much for telling me about this other church!

Pilgrim ~ M. Cunningham (and Fanny Farmer) are such jewels to us! thanks for the word about the light!

Becki ~ thanks! Me too about afternoon being lovely!

G-M it was the bread I made various times during the last year with fruit and nuts! It turned out great!