Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A Peaceful, Full Wednesday













I woke up first,
streamed Monastery prayers via my phone and headset,
emptied the dishwasher, made hot black tea, 
one of my special ones from my trip to Holland a few years ago
(maybe 4 years now?)... 
The morning was devoted to cleaning; 
and part of the afternoon;
laundry done, needing to be folded, drying on racks, etc.
I made 3/4 cup of rice (all that was left in the mason jar)
and used Trader Joe's Onion Salt and Umami spice...
just a dusting of each on top... 
really added a nice flavour! 
***
I've been using some of my prettier dishes and my 
silver-plate (which I hand wash) as I've just
been feeling the need for special things... 
for extra beauty... 
***
I am thankful for today,
for a cleaner house,
for a Husband who is not afraid to help cleaning
as he has time and that we are here for each other.
***
I also spent some time reading, 
in quiet, this was good.
***
I pray that you are finding some peace in these
uncertain days.
May God bless you and uphold you
and protect you! 

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

I like your spices all neatly lined up in the cupboard. I like using my pretty dishes too. Why not use them! I hope the rest of your week is as peaceful as today was.
My day was too full and it's my own fault because I tried to do too much.