Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday, You Make Me Tired (Where's the sunshine?!)


Picture from late last night, when the dough was ready
and beginning it's all night rise!




It was a rough night's sleep last night.
My Husband woke me up a bit after 8 so that I could bake this bread for breakfast!
That was my idea after all :)


This little bird's song early in the morning was one of the best moments of today,
a real gift.


My Husband is loving our new little orchid plant!


I love it too!





The bread turned out wonderfully.


I was watching a food video and realized that you can use your dough scrapers
to help you scoop dough out as well, used that trick today.
(I used the plastic one as the scoop, the metal one I used for scoring.)



This was lunch!


And boy did I need another pot of tea by lunch time...


It was so cloudy.  It's been really cloudy lately.
I miss the sun!  


I need to take a picture of the crepe can now, as the writing
is a bit hard for me to read :(


I was testing two brands of eggs.  Clearly the one on top is the 'winner'...


We had a good dinner of crepes with bacon and 
cheese for Husband, eggs for me.
Dessert crepes with french vanilla ice cream, sliced bananas,
a dusting of cocoa powder on crepes :) 
***
I really appreciated this reminder for those of us whose job is 
our home, to have boundaries with our to-do lists, etc.
***
I often feel discouraged as I have such a long list of things to do
and I have to remember to pace myself and accept that the list
is going to take a while.
***
I've been ordering some books...
I guess I feel that I am preparing for the winter which
will, it does seem, have less going places than normal
because of the Dread Virus ... it is what is is... 
***
May God have mercy on us all!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

The Orchid is beautiful!!
The bread looks wonderful. I can imagine how tasty it is (was).
Aren't crepes easy to make and so easy to turn into savoury or sweet ?