Saturday, October 24, 2020

A Good Day

Today was a really good day.
After a few harder ones, that was nice. 
For lunch I fried up some bacon on my flat one-burner griddle
that goes over a stovetop gas flame burner, as it were.
The second egg I cracked, with yoke miraculously intact,
half of it slipped off the side of the griddle (it does not have really much of a rim)
and thank GOD that I had turned off the burner already
(the cast iron had been heated well wtih the bacon)...
so that was a bit of a culinary mis-adventure! :) 
But the yoke and what was left of the white fried up nicely! LOL! 
***
I wanted mostly, however, to point you this really 
beautiful encouraging post by a man who I knew when he was a deacon
and now he is a priest out in the Prairies of Canada
(his brother, now also a priest, is the godfather of my godson, so we
are linked in this way, which is an honour).
Anyway, do read it.
It is a good reminder of how deeply a person can be touched by Christ
and I hope will be an encouragement to you all. 
***
May God bless each of us and save us!
***
PS:
 Forgive me for my laziness
(my pictures are not uploaded yet so no pictures today).

3 comments:

Mary said...

The beautiful post you shared about this dear lady, may her memory be eternal, is profound if not shattering. I can't conceive of the unbelievable blessing of witnessing and being in the presence of a saint such as her, bearing witness to the unspeakable beauties of Christ while in the process, which involved such pain, of preparing to meet Him. Only such a testimony as this has the depth and credibility to put ALL of our perceptions about the life we live, in the right framework. Including COVID. Including everything. Thank you , thank you so much. God Bless. And may God rest her precious soul in peace.

Lisa Richards said...

Beautiful story! Luke 10:42 is such a good scripture to remind us of what really counts in life. Thanks for sharing. :)

Granny Marigold said...

What a wonderful saint Ramia was and is.