Wednesday, October 14, 2020

In NYC and it was a joy (and a lot of fun!)

 


My Husband had an errand in the East of Manhattan 
and I got to go to my library FINALLY
the first time since late February, 
I was so happy/thrilled/relieved.
I got 28 books! (3 for Mr Husband!)
I am doing a new social media thing
that I hope to work on a bit more this week
and then I will tell you about it here.
***
It was such a sunny warm day here,
(that's NJ/NYC, don't like the weather, wait a day!)
and I had a tuna fish sandwich and fries for lunch 
in NYC and I sat in the sunshine and enjoyed...




(This 'power bar' was so good, I was surprised! 
from a new coffee shop near to the place I got my lunch!)
***
I am still sad that my NYC near Trader Joes Ridgeway Diner 
has permanently closed (at least so Google says)
and was thrilled that my place near the library was open
and active. 
***
I liked this:

Well, one thing at a time.
I hope for better for everyone,
esp those struggling and suffering because of
job insecurity or job loss because of 
the Dread Virus.
***
May God bless and have mercy on us!!!
......Oh and today was the Feast of the Protection of the Mother of God,
on the Julian ("old") calendar; I would have loved to go to liturgy
but my Husband's appointment was changed and I needed to go with him
so that I could get, well, 28 books from the library...
with things so uncertain about the Dread Virus, 
I am trying to do what I can, in case restrictions happen again
in our area to stop potential or real spread of it. 
It was wonderful to be out on such a holy day and I am glad
that at least I was able to go to liturgy for it on Oct 1st
as my local church is on the modified-Gregorian ("new") calendar :) 
***
May we have the protection and help we need!
May God save us and have mercy on us!!! 

4 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

28 books! How long can you keep them?

I put a book on hold at our library, but didn't find out how to do a drive-through pick-up... so time ran out and it was cancelled. We can't even return books except Fridays and Saturdays.

It all makes me glad I own plenty to keep me busy.

Granny Marigold said...

28 books, of which 25 are for you! What a treasure. It's good to know that you had a great day in NY!!

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like speed reading time, lol! Enjoy those books. I still have plenty on my shelves, and that makes me happy. :)

Chy said...

I'm so glad you were able to go in to the city with Mr. Husband. Always a fun time to visit places we've been missing.

Enjoy all your reading!

X Chy