Wednesday, October 16, 2019

(52) A quiet rainy day, peaceful while missing my Cleo Cat












It was a good day.
Walked 30 minutes!
Mr Husband worked from home.
I read a hard to find DE Stevenson book, 
The Tall Stranger
and loved it. 
It was a lovely day to have rain.
Cozy.
***
I was aware of missing Cleo more today.
I don't think I process her loss evenly,
as in it was super hard at the beginning but like 
I have read about injuries,
at first there is shock, later there is pain.
I miss Cleo.  I miss talking with and to her.
I miss seeing her.
It's just the way it is. 
52 days and it's just going to take a long time I think.
I have good days, I don't cry every day now.  But.  I miss her.
She's not coming back. 
I can never hold her again or feel her warm furry self. 
I had her 13 years; I was 29, I believe, when I got her. 
I will be 43 at the end of December.
29 to 43 is a big difference.
I am really glad for things that make losing Cleo easier than
it could have been for me.
Like being married to Mr Husband and having a nice home together.
The library in NYC I can go to and work.
Lots of things I can do.
***
I still feel, esp at times, a bit lost about the fact that I don't 
really have many friends local to me who are in my situation;
married but no kids and being a homemaker and not having a paid job.
Shoot, I finally came up with a phrase for the ever present question
of "what do you do?" that people ask her.
I say: everything but paid work and then list various things so that
people have something to latch on to; 
as in they don't know what to do with me; anomaly. 
There's a lot of really good reasons for me not to work
and I am really happy to be creating the home I have with my Husband; 
I know that my Husband is blessed by this
and I can be there for others in a way I could not if I was working. 
***
And I am slowly working on essays but really, between some 
unexpected but good coming-up-fast visits with friends and the 
wedding we are going to, and the fact that it's halfway to November and 
I have a lot of baking for St Nicholas day and Christmas + 4 or more
potential dinners or lunches I hope to do between now and then,
I am not really going to get to essay writing much until, 
God-willing, the new year. 
***
Praying for so many.
May the Lord have mercy on us all! 

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

"Everything but paid work" is a good answer.

Rosemary said...

One of my dearest friends is also in your situation (married, stays at home, no children). I know when she was teaching catechesis one day a week for awhile that's what she said when people asked her what she did. I'm not sure what she says now; it is a hard thing to answer, and it seems to be the only thing people know how to ask when making conversation! I like your answer.

Lisa said...

My brother and I were just talking about how we were trying to get Mr. Kibble in the shelter a year ago and we miss him. xo

elizabeth said...

GM: thanks so much! I appreciate you words here!
Rosemary: yes, it is a hard one to answer and I appreciate that you like my answer! took years to discover such an answer!
Lisa, yes, I can imagine and understand well that you miss Mr Kibble!