Sunday, October 13, 2019

(49) a beautiful day









Church this morning,
talking afterwards with friends,
a restful afternoon,
a nice walk and then I put the chicken in to roast!
(I had prepared it yesterday and left it in the fridge, covered with foil).
I roasted potatoes (this recipe but with fresh parsley, a whole bunch,
cut and put on top after oil and garlic, salt and pepper).  
I was in a hurry so I did not cut the potatoes but they would have been
better cut, so for next time...and tomorrow's leftovers will be halved first,
after the boiling!
I also roasted Brussels sprouts using my friend's instructions:
 I just cleaned and halved them, set the oven to 430 or so and warmed butter and oil in the pan before tossing them in with lots of nutmeg and some salt/pepper.  Shifted them about a few times while cooking.  Probably 20 minutes or so!
I baked it all at 430F.
the chicken was in for 50 minutes and then covered.
Baked probably another 50 or 60 minutes (less would have been fine) while I got the 
2 roasted vegetables ready and roasted!
This weekend is 
Canadian Thanksgiving and is the weekend 8 years ago that my Husband and
I first met in person...he flew up to Ottawa and spent the long weekend with me,
staying at my dear Romanian friends A&A!
Our first night I had a dinner party...I did not announce my
relationship with Mr Husband 
(who believe it or not I called Ortho-man for Orthodox-Man before marrying him
on my blog that is) until we had a wedding date and a ring picked out...
but that dinner party I did record, without mentioning who was all there
or the possible future life-changing ramifications! 
***
We had a really nice Sunday dinner and it was with so many happy memories
of that first weekend we met and how happy we were
and how glad we are married now;
it was a very good day.
***
I am thankful for those glimpses back and there again, as it were,
those moments when you see what you are blessed with
and are given a lift past the current worries or struggles
to remember the bigger picture and how wonderful it is that 
we are married and have our life together... 
***
I pray that no matter what, you can have those moments too,
or recollection, of seeing God's love and merciful hand
in your life....

2 comments:

karen said...

I love Brussel Sprouts in any way imaginable. What a lovely day you had :)

Granny Marigold said...

I like that you remember the first time you met your husband-to-be ( although you didn't know then that he would be... or did you?)