Thursday, October 03, 2019

(Day 38) without Cleo: a day at home







It was really nice to be home today!
I enjoyed pots of tea, a small ice cream cone,
had a phone meeting, made lunch, folded tons of laundry
(Mr Husband helped with dishes tonight!)
did laundry, talked with my Mom, helped solve
a plumbing issue (I did not have to do too much), had a lovely bath,
ate a little bit of chocolate, 
enjoyed things.
I also did a practice run of my new make up.
I think I did pretty well but well...
I am thinking the things I did not get 
(a hydrating lotion, liquid concealer)
and I bought a "setting spray" that was to help makeup last longer.
(New to me but most of this is new to me, it's been over 20 years since
I knew much about makeup)...
well, long story short, the spray sprayed more than expected
(I had to pat my face dry with a cotton round) and my face got
itchy/dry feeling within minutes.
So much so that I took it ALL off within 5 minutes.
So not good.  I am pretty sure I will be returning the spray.
But I am going to do another trial run DV on Saturday.
I KNOW it can be better, as my makeup done in the store
(much of which I bought, since I needed replacements) felt great
and not one bit dry/itchy. 
So, trivia on this sort of thing:
how many knew that stores with only make up do makeovers for those
going to an event? (outside of a wedding).  I totally did not know that.
I pretty much avoid most popular cultures and don't visit malls much.
However, it's fun to have new makeup, I admit....:)
I am excited to have the make up (which will last me some 
many years DV) for the wedding I am going to.
I am pretty sure I will be heading back to the store on Tuesday.
***
Well, that's it on my end.
What's it like on your end today?
***
I pray that Christ saves us and has mercy!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, There is something very restful about spending a day at home "doing nothing" and yet really doing something---a cup of tea, a book, a phone call to someone special in our lives or creating a new feeling in a room by just moving a few pretty pieces around. I love trying a new lip stick or a new moisture cream. It makes me feel elegant. I know you will look lovely at the wedding. Blessings!

PS: I do hope that being without Cleo is getting easier.