Wednesday, October 02, 2019

(Day 37) without Cleo: part 2 ~ eye health, dinner and beauty


I do love breakfasts! And jams, and natural (nothing but perhaps salt added)
peanut butter and nice hot cup of tea!


This (above) was really poignant.  Still thinking on it.



Changed my table cloth!!! 


My writing desk :)  I really do love it!!!


 I got beautiful 1 ounce glass tubes with roller balls to use to make
essential oil rollers... I am excited about that!



Went to my eye doctor... getting these glasses...nearly identical to the ones I have now,
same colour slightly different shape!  We have really good vision insurance, which is a 
HUGE blessing... so that's the good news... the not so good news... 


That is a picture of my eye, I think the right eye. 
The big white part is fine but in the middle of the picture is some white parts
and that is NOT good.  It shows some degeneration within my retina. 
We looked at scans from 3 years ago verses ones taken today and the changes
in both retina and a bit in the periphery both show that my eyes are getting worse.
While this is really not new information, it was still hard to hear and see.
And I need a stronger prescription again and that means that my eyes 
are even MORE myopic which means more myopic degeneration is possible.
A simple explanation is that as the eye becomes more myopic, it is stretched thin
and if it becomes too thin, it begins breaking down, and that is what we don't want,
as it can lead, eventually, if it continues, to severe vision loss.
So I continue to walk this journey...
***
I was feeling a bit "hard hit" by this and my sweet Husband had already 
planned on us eating out today and we did so and I had a really nice salad
and he had mussels and that was really nice.


And things I enjoy I am still looking forward to,
like breakfast tomorrow.  
I just love breakfast and that first pot of tea.
***
And so it goes, beauty, worries and caring for each other.
I know, no matter what, that I have a lot to be thankful for.
***
Lord have mercy on us all!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry the news about your eyes is not encouraging. You have a good attitude of taking each day as it comes ( after all, what else can one do?)

The colourful little glass bottles are adorable.
I like the different tablecloth and runner in Autumn colours.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear this about your eyes, Elizabeth - it's hard to know what to say. I will keep you in my prayers! xo

Cathy said...

Not ever being a breakfast person, and for years I did not eat breakfast; but now I really like breakfast too. Even fixing breakfast in the morning for my husband is a joy, and his favorite on weekday mornings is two eggs over easy with a slice of raisin bread dabbed with butter and honey. The weekends are another matter, more full course.